My Humax Forum » Freesat HD » HDR 1000, 1010, 1100S

Signal quality issue - help

(4 posts)
  1. User has not uploaded an avatar

Mandlebrot

Hi guys,

When on most channels I get 90% signal strength and about 100% signal quality on Tuner 1 and for some reason a little less strength on tuner 2. On some channels the quality drops a little but isn't a problem as I don't suffer from signal loss of blocking etc.

However on CBS Action the strength drops to about 75% and the quality moves about between 20 and 30% on tuner 1 and between 0 and 30% on tuner 2 which results in breakup and sometimes complete signal loss.

Does this indicate a slightly miss-aligned dish, something amiss with the cabling or some other issue?

Thanks Mandlebrot

| Sun 29 Jun 2014 23:35:04 #1 |
  2. REPASSAC

REPASSAC

special member

Mandlebrot - 8 hours ago  » 
    Hi guys,
    When on most channels I get 90% signal strength and about 100% signal quality on Tuner 1 and for some reason a little less strength on tuner 2. On some channels the quality drops a little but isn't a problem as I don't suffer from signal loss of blocking etc.
    However on CBS Action the strength drops to about 75% and the quality moves about between 20 and 30% on tuner 1 and between 0 and 30% on tuner 2 which results in breakup and sometimes complete signal loss.
    Does this indicate a slightly miss-aligned dish, something amiss with the cabling or some other issue?
    Thanks Mandlebrot

It is a slightly miss-aligned dish or possibly incorrect LNB skew. This channel is currently on Eutelsat at 28.5E rather than 28.2E. Given time the channel will move to a 28.2E position as Eutelsat has contracted to rent transponders from SES s.a.

| Mon 30 Jun 2014 8:33:43 #2 |
  3. User has not uploaded an avatar

Mandlebrot

Thanks for the info, I will check this out.

| Thu 3 Jul 2014 20:33:46 #3 |
  4. User has not uploaded an avatar

Mandlebrot

Update.

I bought a sat dish meter and re-aligned the dish. I now have good signal on the weaker channels and no break up even when it rains.

Result and thanks again for the help.

| Sat 16 Aug 2014 22:58:29 #4 |

RSS feed for this topic

You must log in to post.