My Humax Forum » Freeview HD » HDR FOX T2

Signal Strength below 50% on several Channels

(15 posts)
  1. User has not uploaded an avatar

Faust

special member

Gerrymac - 2 days ago  » 
    Hi Martin
    Signal Quality is 100% on all channels.The ones that have picture break up are 46/48% Strength (Ch55,746000KHz,8MHz,32K,1/16(DVB-T2))
    RE recordings...the box is working fine just the 3 channels are unwatchable sometimes.
    They are watchable while viewing thru TV only.
    My best up is Aerial> Humax> TV..Most of the time I watch Live TV and use box to record.If I record BBC4 HD it,s unwatchable.

That is National COM 7 and as already been stated is on low power. I can lose these channels every time we get a high pressure inversion. The Humax tuners do return a lower power value than the TV and it tends to be the Humax that drops the channels.

| Tue 9 Feb 2021 10:59:51 #11 |
  2. User has not uploaded an avatar

Martin Liddle

special member

Faust - 8 hours ago  » 
    That is National COM 7 and as already been stated is on low power. I can lose these channels every time we get a high pressure inversion. The Humax tuners do return a lower power value than the TV and it tends to be the Humax that drops the channels.

True but the Freeview coverage checker thinks he should be able to get a good signal (S 99% M100%). What does it say for your location?

| Tue 9 Feb 2021 19:20:21 #12 |
  3. User has not uploaded an avatar

Faust

special member

Martin Liddle - 20 hours ago  » 

Faust - 8 hours ago  » 

True but the Freeview coverage checker thinks he should be able to get a good signal (S 99% M100%). What does it say for your location?

Now 92 100 Final by 2025 92 100. The TV can and does return similar values with low pressure/ordinary weather patterns, but will drop off somewhat with high pressure. However I have yet to see those values via any Humax box e.g. 2000T, DTR 2100 and the Aura. All the Humax kit struggles to hold onto COM7 when weather pressure is high.

| Wed 10 Feb 2021 15:43:13 #13 |
  4. Gerrymac

Gerrymac

Hi,
    Was speaking with my local TV Engineer and he has told me that these 3 channels are transmitted on a higher frequency (HD) and the diplexer won't let them through.
    Have to watch these in SD.
    Thanks for the input.
    Cheers

| Sat 20 Feb 2021 13:03:24 #14 |
  5. User has not uploaded an avatar

Martin Liddle

special member

Gerrymac - 1 hour ago  » 
    Was speaking with my local TV Engineer and he has told me that these 3 channels are transmitted on a higher frequency (HD) and the diplexer won't let them through.
    Have to watch these in SD.
    Thanks for the input.

Yes that makes sense (not that I know anything about the frequency limitations of diplexers); thanks for coming back with that extra information.

| Sat 20 Feb 2021 14:21:31 #15 |

RSS feed for this topic

You must log in to post.