My Humax Forum » Freesat HD » HDR 1000, 1010, 1100S

Skip Forward 2 minutes button, customisable?

(7 posts)
  1. User has not uploaded an avatar

d4005

Hi,

I'm a few days into my HDR-1000S(500GB) ownership and loving it so far. Huge improvement over a Sky+HD box in so many ways.

I have a question about the skip back (15 seconds) and skip forward (2 mins) buttons. I'd like to customise them. I think while setting up the box, I saw some menu somewhere that allowed customisation of the values. I can't find it now though. It's not in Settings -> System settings (or Settings -> anything else).

Is there a hidden menu somewhere I can go into for it? Ideally I'd like that skip forward button to be one minute.

| Wed 10 Jul 2013 13:17:26 #1 |
  2. Barry

Barry

senior admin

Welcome to the Forum

Settings
    General Settings
    Recording
    Instant replay/Skip forward

Note: the recording sub menu is not available during recording.

| Wed 10 Jul 2013 13:35:39 #2 |
  3. User has not uploaded an avatar

d4005

Barry - 6 minutes ago  » 
    Welcome to the Forum
    Settings
    General Settings
    Recording
    Instant replay/Skip forward
    Note: the recording sub menu is not available during recording.

Thanks, and thanks I'm sure I went in and out of every menu 5 times yesterday and didn't see it. Now I can't imagine how I could possibly miss it. Oh well, thanks again

| Wed 10 Jul 2013 13:44:18 #3 |
  4. User has not uploaded an avatar

Faust

special member

I like mine at 120 seconds as two skips is as a general rule just the length of the advert break.

| Wed 10 Jul 2013 23:11:49 #4 |
  5. User has not uploaded an avatar

d4005

Faust - 7 hours ago  » 
    I like mine at 120 seconds as two skips is as a general rule just the length of the advert break.

Sounds like you want to change it to 240

I want it not only for adverts. I wanna skip those spoiler-giving program announcers, opening credits, pre padding, those segments on the one show a minute at a time and those short ad breaks you sometimes get on the lesser channels (ITV2 for example).

| Thu 11 Jul 2013 6:58:04 #5 |
  6. -gonzo-

-gonzo-

special member

d4005 - 2 hours ago  » 

Faust - 7 hours ago  » 

Sounds like you want to change it to 240
    I want it not only for adverts. I wanna skip those spoiler-giving program announcers, opening credits, pre padding, those segments on the one show a minute at a time and those short ad breaks you sometimes get on the lesser channels (ITV2 for example).

I had mine set at 240 for a while, but I found that the odd program had shorter adverts so then had to skip back again.

| Thu 11 Jul 2013 9:17:36 #6 |
  7. User has not uploaded an avatar

Faust

special member

I find the 120 second skip a better compromise than 240 as I sometimes skip past a boring bit in a programme and find that 240 seconds is often to far.

| Thu 11 Jul 2013 9:58:41 #7 |

RSS feed for this topic

You must log in to post.