My Humax Forum » Freesat HD » HDR 1000, 1010, 1100S

Sky finishes for me on Monday, all set to go

(17 posts)
  1. User has not uploaded an avatar

nickcc

Bought two 1100S 1TB boxes and two now units ready for Sky finishing. Everything set up but have a question.

With Sky + you could record catch up, is this possible with Freesat ? Likewise is there anyway I can record any now programs, I have the entertainment pass. I realise the now box doesn't go through the Freesat recorder but are there any other options.

Many thanks

| Sat 7 May 2016 16:06:51 #1 |
  2. grahamlthompson

grahamlthompson

special member

No way to record catch up other than by connecting a device like a DVD recorder to the box analogue outputs. At a guess the NOW TV device doesn't have analogue outputs so recording becomes a lot more complicated due to HDCP.

| Sat 7 May 2016 16:45:25 #2 |
  3. User has not uploaded an avatar

nickcc

Ok thanks. Seem to be stumped as the 1100s doesn't have analogue outputs.

| Sat 7 May 2016 18:43:41 #3 |
  4. User has not uploaded an avatar

Pollensa1946

special member

nickcc - 2 hours ago  » 

It's got RCA audio and video out judging by photos I've seen? Correct?

| Sat 7 May 2016 21:27:28 #4 |
  5. grahamlthompson

grahamlthompson

special member

nickcc - 2 hours ago  » 

As Pollensa observes. It has the same analogue outputs you get on a scart socket (apart from RGB video). Yellow Composite Video (CVBS), Red Right Stereo analogue audio and White Left Stereo analogue audio. RCA Phono to scart adaptors are dirt cheap.

| Sat 7 May 2016 21:31:56 #5 |
  6. Barry

Barry

senior admin

Picture:

Attachments

1. HDR-1100S_rear.jpg (36.7 KB, 3 downloads) 7 years old
    | Sat 7 May 2016 21:43:11 #6 |
  7. User has not uploaded an avatar

nickcc

Thought you meant the aerial outputs you get on the Sky box. Unfortunately I need the outputs you refer to for the digital sender unit I will be using. On second thoughts I could always change them over when I need to record

| Sat 7 May 2016 21:51:52 #7 |
  8. grahamlthompson

grahamlthompson

special member

nickcc - 10 hours ago  » 
    Thought you meant the aerial outputs you get on the Sky box. Unfortunately I need the outputs you refer to for the digital sender unit I will be using. On second thoughts I could always change them over when I need to record

The output you refer to on a sky box is a rf (radio frequency) output not analogue.

What do you mean by digital sender unit. Analogue connections to digital sender unit does not really compute. If you mean a PAL modulator unit you can record the PAL analogue TV channel it creates provided you have a PAL analogue tuner. This will connect to an existing Sky distribution system. A TV will probably do the job, many output CVBS and stereo audio from at least 1 scart socket. Simply connect this to a DVDR.

| Sun 8 May 2016 8:43:52 #8 |
  9. User has not uploaded an avatar

nickcc

The sender is the one that transmits the signal to another tv that's not connected to either aerial or dish.

| Sun 8 May 2016 9:39:12 #9 |
  10. User has not uploaded an avatar

Pollensa1946

special member

On my 1000S I use those RCA outs connected to a RF Modulator which then feeds to my distribution amp and on to any connected TVs. If you get a decent quality modulator and distribution amp the resulting picture/sound is very acceptable and OK for recording. I had the advantage the amp was already in place for Freeview distribution.
    By "sender" do you mean a wireless sender/receiver pair?

| Sun 8 May 2016 10:29:16 #10 |

RSS feed for this topic

Reply »

You must log in to post.