My Humax Forum » Freeview HD » FVP 4000T, 5000T

Sky News gone and Tuner 1 showing 0%

(10 posts)
  1. User has not uploaded an avatar

rikki

This evening I lost Sky News and other ARQ A and ARQ B channels (Crystal Palace transmitter) on my Humax, and also on my Sony Android TV.

The Signal Test page shows 0% on Tuner 1, but a healthyish 90 and 92% strnegth on 2 and 3, with 100% quality on both.

Weird thing is, that I lost the same channels on the Sony TV too, and connecting my input and output antenna cables directly to eachother (ie bypassing the Humax), I'm still getting no ARQ channels on the Sony.

Is it possible the ARQ transmitter is down (there's no sign of issues raised on social media, os it seems unlikely).

Any ideas what I can check?

| Thu 17 Oct 2024 0:21:08 #1 |
  2. User has not uploaded an avatar

rikki

Plot just thickened. Sky News just suddenly reappeared while I had Signal Strength page open, and suddenly Tuner 1 (88%) and Tuner 3 (91%) are working and Tuner 2 has died (0%).

What's going on?

| Thu 17 Oct 2024 0:24:02 #2 |
  3. User has not uploaded an avatar

trog

special member

rikki - 35 mins ago  » 
    Plot just thickened. Sky News just suddenly reappeared while I had Signal Strength page open, and suddenly Tuner 1 (88%) and Tuner 3 (91%) are working and Tuner 2 has died (0%).
    What's going on?

It may be a regional thing . This was posted on the other site earlier.............

bottletop
    Yesterday at 11:08 PM

Anyone else missing some channels this evening, from roughly 22:50?
    I don't think any on COM5/ARQ A are available.
    Not sure if I should try a retune.
    I tried a retune on the TV as a test. Didn't get the channels back, but LCN 74 (U&DaveJaVu) is available.

Last edited: Yesterday at 11:26 PM
    trog

All my COM5 channels are there now, I just checked and a 4Xtra show I recorded at 11pm seems fine.

| Thu 17 Oct 2024 1:03:33 #3 |
  4. User has not uploaded an avatar

rikki

Yes, maybe a local glitch. Humax back to normal this morning.
    Sont Bravia needed a rescan, because lots of channels missing - not sure why that's suddenly happened either, but after that, both seem to be working ok.
    Thanks.

| Thu 17 Oct 2024 9:45:25 #4 |
  5. User has not uploaded an avatar

trog

special member

rikki - 2 hours ago  » 
    Yes, maybe a local glitch. Humax back to normal this morning.
    Sont Bravia needed a rescan, because lots of channels missing - not sure why that's suddenly happened either, but after that, both seem to be working ok.
    Thanks.

Yes the other guy says things are back to normal now too.

| Thu 17 Oct 2024 12:20:59 #5 |
  6. User has not uploaded an avatar

rikki

Posted too soon!
    I lost channels again this morning, and currently the Signal Test is showing Tuner 1 at 90%, with zero on Tuner 2 and 3.

The Sony TV also lost loads of channels overnight, but a rescan has brought that all back to normal - I'm mentioning this, because it is connected by aerial lead from the Humax through/out socket, so if it's an aerial problem (I'm in a council block with a communal system) then surely it would be the same or worse reception than the Humax, but as I say, despite the one tuner signal on the Humax, the Sony is now happily giving me all channels.

Why would only one Tuner be showing any strength? I'm not really sure what that means. Any help appreciated.

Also (presumably connected issue?) the guide has very regularly started showing lots of 'no programme information' gaps recently.

| Thu 17 Oct 2024 14:38:40 #6 |
  7. User has not uploaded an avatar

A1944

special member

It only shows a signal for tuners actually in use at the time. To get three you would need to be recording on two Mux and watching another.

| Thu 17 Oct 2024 16:06:01 #7 |
  8. User has not uploaded an avatar

trog

special member

rikki - 1 hour ago  » 
    Posted too soon!
    I lost channels again this morning, and currently the Signal Test is showing Tuner 1 at 90%, with zero on Tuner 2 and 3.
    The Sony TV also lost loads of channels overnight, but a rescan has brought that all back to normal - I'm mentioning this, because it is connected by aerial lead from the Humax through/out socket, so if it's an aerial problem (I'm in a council block with a communal system) then surely it would be the same or worse reception than the Humax, but as I say, despite the one tuner signal on the Humax, the Sony is now happily giving me all channels.
    Why would only one Tuner be showing any strength? I'm not really sure what that means. Any help appreciated.
    Also (presumably connected issue?) the guide has very regularly started showing lots of 'no programme information' gaps recently.

A1944 is correct so take no heed of that signal test giving zero for 2&3. What channels were lost from the Sony, maybe they were from the same grouping and give a clue as to what is going on.
    "surely it would be the same or worse reception than the Humax" No not really, the TV may better able to cope with a weaker signal. It is possible that it could be something as simple as water getting in the aerial cable, that would explain why you sometimes get " 'no programme information' gaps recently.". Also there were a few channel changes yesterday so maybe your TV rescanned last night (did it rain ?) and due to water entering the cable and weakening the signal it could not find all of the channels. Have a word with your neighbours and see if they have had the same issues and if yes get onto the council to check the system for damage.

| Thu 17 Oct 2024 16:53:21 #8 |
  9. User has not uploaded an avatar

rikki

I've been asking neighbours, but they all seem to be Virgin or Sky or Amazon - no Freeviewers

Thanks for clarifying the Tuners thing - it's obvious now you've clarified it!

The Sony TV seems to be behaving and have all channels again, but yes when some were missing it does seem to have been the same ARQ A range that had gone.

All channels seem to be playing on Humax tonight, but still currently huge gaps in the programme info. I'm going to try going through and deleting a lot of the channels I never watch, and see if that helps repopulate what's left.

Thanks for the suggestions and help guys - this is such a great forum.

| Thu 17 Oct 2024 21:29:28 #9 |
  10. User has not uploaded an avatar

rikki

So, all seems to be behaving once more. I remember reading somewhere that deleting a load of channels I never watch might help the EPG, and it's certainly seemed so for me at the moment. Aerial appears to behaving so I think it probably all was a blip on the ARQ A mux along with changes of channels all over the same couple of days.
    Fingers crossed it's resolved, and thanks again for the suggestions and help.

| Sat 19 Oct 2024 12:28:59 #10 |

RSS feed for this topic

You must log in to post.