My Humax Forum » Freesat HD » HDR 1000, 1010, 1100S

Slow-motion playback !

(6 posts)
  1. User has not uploaded an avatar

Levi

Slow-motion playback.

There seems to be some confusion over whether the 1000s has this feature, mostly due to the lack of a dedicated button. 

According to the Manual the 1000s has Slo-mo and it 'should' work by holding down the 'play' button during playback.

Has anybody got Slow-motion to work on their box  ? 

| Sat 3 Nov 2012 16:09:57 #1 |
  2. User has not uploaded an avatar

Levi

Thank you, the lack of response has answered my question, so I presume this is just a programming fault, hopefully in the future it will have the ability to carry out all of its advertised features or maybe Humax will just change that particular section in the manual. 

| Mon 5 Nov 2012 18:46:08 #2 |
  3. REPASSAC

REPASSAC

special member

Levi - 1 hour ago  » 
    Thank you, the lack of response has answered my question, so I presume this is just a programming fault, hopefully in the future it will have the ability to carry out all of its advertised features or maybe Humax will just change that particular section in the manual. 

Who knows, what do you expect of it - frame by frame, in MPEG4 a compressed format? Just asking.

| Mon 5 Nov 2012 19:52:21 #3 |
  4. User has not uploaded an avatar

Pollensa1946

special member

Levi - 2 days ago  » Slow-motion playback. According to the Manual the 1000s has Slo-mo and it 'should' work by holding down the 'play' button during playback.

I think the manual states that slo-mo is only applicable to watching recordings. In my m/c it does not work.

| Mon 5 Nov 2012 20:08:14 #4 |
  5. User has not uploaded an avatar

Levi

REPASSAC - 1 hour  ago  » 
    Who knows, what do you expect of it - frame by frame, in MPEG4 a compressed format? Just asking.

What do I expect, good question.

Well I suppose something similar to their older Freesat+ HDR, that seems to manage Slow Motion playback without any problems. 

So maybe 1/2.  1/4. & 1/8 speed playback.  

Any reason the 1000S can't manage this, any reason you have to make it sound so complicated ?  Just asking. 

| Mon 5 Nov 2012 21:12:43 #5 |
  6. User has not uploaded an avatar

Levi

Pollensa1946 - 14 hours ago  » I think the manual states that slo-mo is only applicable to watching recordings. In my m/c it does not work.

Thanks for the reply.

On the model the 1000S is replacing the Slo-mo function will work at any time, press it during live TV and it will go straight to 1/2 speed, press it again and you'll get 1/4 speed etc. 
    It couldn't be less complicated the only difficulty is actually finding the button, it will obviously work while watching the buffer or a media recording too. 

I can't say I've used it that often, but I have found it to be a useful feature on some occasions. 

| Tue 6 Nov 2012 10:11:38 #6 |

RSS feed for this topic

You must log in to post.