My Humax Forum » Freeview HD » FVP 4000T, 5000T

Slow response

(20 posts)
  1. User has not uploaded an avatar

richlatham

The FVP 4000t is very sluggish. When you press OK in the EPG it takes a short while to open up the info etc.. Slow in loads of other places too. Have tried rebooting and deleting some channels I don't watch, but hasn't improved it. My son-in-law has a HDR-1100S and it is really slick and snappy. The menu options on this machine also seem so much more intuitive. Why can't all Humax boxes have a consistent approach to menus etc.?

| Sun 2 Apr 2017 18:04:45 #1 |
  2. RogerB

RogerB

special member

Don't recognise this behaviour at all. I reckon I have less than 1s between button press and the display altering. As for "OK" within the EPG it may be a complete second to get to the new channel. R-

| Sun 2 Apr 2017 18:23:13 #2 |
  3. Barry

Barry

senior admin

Ditto Roger

Just tried a few of the menu's, accessing programme info in guide on quite a few programmes and the maximum time clocked was 2 seconds.

| Sun 2 Apr 2017 18:26:44 #3 |
  4. User has not uploaded an avatar

richlatham

Hi Barry - but 2 seconds is slow!! Going from Home to my recordings, then right to the list of recordings, navigate around the screen, press OK to select one and it's 2 seconds or so from pressing OK. The HDR-1100S is instantaneous, also pressing "info" on the EPG is instantaneous. It's a major design flaw not having an info button and I just don't understand why the 4000T is so sluggish - surely Humax could give it the same user interface as the 1100S.

| Sun 2 Apr 2017 19:28:08 #4 |
  5. RogerB

RogerB

special member

I suppose the main difference is I stopped rushing around a good few years ago, and really don't mind a 1s wait for something to happen. 2s gives me an even greater chance of noticing that change R-

| Sun 2 Apr 2017 19:34:19 #5 |
  6. User has not uploaded an avatar

richlatham

Or wondering if it will happen

| Sun 2 Apr 2017 19:43:03 #6 |
  7. User has not uploaded an avatar

Harters

special member

I agree with richlatham, the slow response to this box is its biggest failing, especially coming from an HDR-FOXT2 which is fast and slick and has immediate response to every button press and great shortcuts via the coloured buttons which are not even used on this box.

Not sure if this will ever improve, but I won't automatically go out and buy another Humax product again when this gives up the ghost like I have always done in the past, shame.

| Mon 3 Apr 2017 8:07:13 #7 |
  8. Barry

Barry

senior admin

richlatham - 12 hours ago  » 
    Hi Barry - but 2 seconds is slow!!

I must live in an alternate universe if 2 seconds is considered as slow

| Mon 3 Apr 2017 8:17:26 #8 |
  9. User has not uploaded an avatar

richlatham

I agree 100% with Harters - couldn't have put it better myself. It's a great box, but is let down by 2 things: the speed of response and the lack of an "Info" button. Having worked in IT for 40 years I cannot see why Humax can't use the same software for the front-end on all their boxes. This would give them a better corporate image, enable users to have a better experience and save Humax money by only having one code stream. Obviously box-specific code would need to be written in certain areas, but the majority of code would be "standard". They could also give an "info" button to the 4000t remote by making the "OK" button do different things, depending on where on the screen it's being used. (Or use another button that's not used - eg the green one.)

| Mon 3 Apr 2017 9:11:13 #9 |
  10. User has not uploaded an avatar

richlatham

Sorry Barry - can't agree with you. It's all about context. Two seconds in an hour isn't slow, but when other boxes get a sub-second response, then 2 seconds is 100%, 200% slower. Selecting a pre-recorded programme to view actually takes longer than 2 seconds. It SHOULD be instantaneous. Still can't understand whey Humax can't sort their software out.

| Mon 3 Apr 2017 20:12:09 #10 |

RSS feed for this topic

Reply »

You must log in to post.