My Humax Forum » Freeview HD » HDR FOX T2

snow when changing to certain channels

(10 posts)
  1. User has not uploaded an avatar

bartlna

Has anyone else experienced snow when changing to certain channels, I have done a manual retune as I was experiencing interference when it was automatically tunned, but this snow appears when I switch to channel 5 and many other digital channels, it also appears when recording and sometimes in the adverts.
    Thanks nicola

| Tue 20 Nov 2012 8:30:02 #1 |
  2. gomezz

gomezz

special member

Snow is something usually seen with old analogue channels but I wonder if you have duplicate channels from more than one transmitter? Duplicates will appear in the 800 range and may be stronger signals.

| Tue 20 Nov 2012 11:05:08 #2 |
  3. User has not uploaded an avatar

Martin Liddle

special member

gomezz - 1 hour ago  » 
    Duplicates will appear in the 800 range and may be stronger signals.

If there are a significant number of duplicates then the OP needs to do a manual tune see http://myhumax.org/forum/topic/transmitters#post-2336

| Tue 20 Nov 2012 12:08:19 #3 |
  4. User has not uploaded an avatar

bartlna

Thanks for your comment, I don't understand what you are saying about channels appearing in the 800 range. I have performed the manual search and input the figures for my transmitter, but there are only 3 figures in the n column for Beacon Hill transmitter and this only gives me a limited number of channels, and I used to have them before on my old Humax twin tunner. But on saying that I am still getting the snow when I change to certain channels. i may be returning this box as faulty!

| Tue 20 Nov 2012 19:38:47 #4 |
  5. User has not uploaded an avatar

Martin Liddle

special member

bartlna - 43 minutes ago  » 
    But on saying that I am still getting the snow when I change to certain channels.

What is the signal strength and quality as reported by the Humax on good channels and on bad channels?

| Tue 20 Nov 2012 20:23:14 #5 |
  6. User has not uploaded an avatar

bartlna

all channels show a signal strength above 70 and quality 100.

| Tue 20 Nov 2012 20:43:01 #6 |
  7. gomezz

gomezz

special member

Have you any other boxes connected to the aerial such as a VCR or DVD recorder? Or is the aerial feed directly connected to the Fox T2 without passing through any other boxes?

| Tue 20 Nov 2012 21:00:23 #7 |
  8. User has not uploaded an avatar

bartlna

it is connected directly to the aerial then and aerial cable comes out the box to the tv (to enable us to watch the tv without going through the box) and it is also connected with a hdmi cable

| Tue 20 Nov 2012 21:07:33 #8 |
  9. gomezz

gomezz

special member

That blows that theory out of the water then. Which leaves external sources of interference. You could try unplugging all other electrical equipment in the room, including the Christmas tree lights you have just put up?

| Tue 20 Nov 2012 22:18:21 #9 |
  10. User has not uploaded an avatar

bartlna

Thanks guys for your advise, I think I may have fixed it, when manually tuning I noticed that each position some channels were tunning again so I have only completed some of the numbers indicated, so Martin it probably was what you were suggesting at the outset. Only time will tell
    Thanks Nicola

| Wed 21 Nov 2012 8:05:15 #10 |

RSS feed for this topic

You must log in to post.