My Humax Forum » Freesat HD » HDR 1000, 1010, 1100S

Software Glitches on new 1100S

(1 post)
  1. User has not uploaded an avatar

strugglinauthor

Hi all,

Not my usual style to start off on a new forum with a whinge: but...

I've just bought a Humax HDR-1100S to replace an ageing Humax Freesat receiver, which I have to say has been faultless. Set-up was fine so I went into iPlayer to stream something. Again, fine. But when I hit the back button everything froze and neither the handset nor the buttons on the machine could persuade the Humax to do anything. In the end I had to pull the plug. When she was up and running again I searched for new software to ensure I had the latest version.

Later that evening the TV Guide was suddenly empty and at the same time the on-demand areas refused to play ball. I checked the internet connection and all was well. Switching on and off made no difference. A Google search brought me to this site, where someone else had experienced a similar issue. Again, pull the plug, wait five minutes and hey presto all OK again.

But this morning brought something new. I noticed that when I hit the volume up/down the little bar that indicates the level on-screen had disappeared - even though the volume control itself was working. Came back an hour or so later and the little bar was back!

I know manufacturers update the firmware to fix glitches, but are these sorts of bugs typical of Humax now?

Thx.

| Tue 20 Sep 2016 17:56:48 #1 |

RSS feed for this topic

You must log in to post.