My Humax Forum » Freeview HD » FVP 4000T, 5000T

Software Update

(11 posts)
  1. User has not uploaded an avatar

J_Oz

special member

When I attempt to check for new software the box appears to hang. I have left it for 10 minutes at which point I've had no choice but to unplug the unit and reboot. Any ideas?

| Mon 16 Nov 2015 8:34:55 #1 |
  2. User has not uploaded an avatar

surfer

There are quite a few people having this problem, including me, with no answer as to why or anyone trying to get to the bottom of it, comments like "why do you keep checking like that" don't really help the situation, do they Barry?

What im now concerned about is will it find an update now, and if not are we going to be able to get any new update onto our boxes via USB perhaps?

Were 2 months now since the date of the system supplied software, when are humax going to address all the quirks/problems/usability users have been reporting

| Mon 16 Nov 2015 9:04:37 #2 |
  3. Barry

Barry

senior admin

We are all entitled to our opinion.

No announcement has been made of a software update so I see no point in checking.

IP download/update obviously works as it checks and updates during setup, if the unit does not have latest version (1.00.59)

| Mon 16 Nov 2015 9:10:00 #3 |
  4. User has not uploaded an avatar

J_Oz

special member

Hi Barry, my problem is that the system appears to hang. The first time I tried this manually it came back within a couple of minutes saying no new software found. It is no longer doing this.

| Mon 16 Nov 2015 9:17:10 #4 |
  5. brian

brian

special member

I agree with Barry, there is no point in searching for new software until a new release has been announced, and if the box is connected to the internet it should be updated without user intervention.

| Mon 16 Nov 2015 18:51:49 #5 |
  6. User has not uploaded an avatar

J_Oz

special member

Whilst that may be true, the option to check is there and people will try it. It should not hang.

| Mon 16 Nov 2015 18:56:23 #6 |
  7. User has not uploaded an avatar

JamesB

special member

brian - 18 minutes ago  » 
    I agree with Barry, there is no point in searching for new software until a new release has been announced, and if the box is connected to the internet it should be updated without user intervention.

+1

| Mon 16 Nov 2015 19:12:03 #7 |
  8. User has not uploaded an avatar

Harryhornby

special member

J_Oz - 13 hours ago  » 
    Whilst that may be true, the option to check is there and people will try it. It should not hang.

+1 Totally agree!

| Tue 17 Nov 2015 8:07:32 #8 |
  9. User has not uploaded an avatar

Aratxu

J_Oz - 13 hours ago  » 

+1 Totally agree!

+1
    I find easier to check for an update with my remote control than checking on line for a human announcement

| Wed 18 Nov 2015 11:58:38 #9 |
  10. grahamlthompson

grahamlthompson

special member

Aratxu - 3 minutes ago  » 

J_Oz - 13 hours ago  » 

+1 Totally agree!

+1

I find easier to check for an update with my remote control than checking on line for a human announcement

No need to check, if there is one it's applied automatically.

| Wed 18 Nov 2015 12:03:03 #10 |

RSS feed for this topic

Reply »

You must log in to post.