My Humax Forum » Freeview HD » FVP 4000T, 5000T

Software update

(102 posts)
  1. User has not uploaded an avatar

bampsam

Suffered three reboots last night,the worst ever. First was while I was on YouTube,and the box was recording. Therefore the recording stopped. The second was while I was watching the part recording,and the third whilst watching live tv. Have been in touch with Humax who say they are aware of the problem. Time to pull their fingers out I'd say.

| Wed 21 Sep 2016 10:06:23 #91 |
  2. User has not uploaded an avatar

ikran

mine has also rebooted twice in the past week. I'm on the latest update. Not good.

| Wed 21 Sep 2016 13:12:29 #92 |
  3. User has not uploaded an avatar

hackenbacker

If you are suffering reboots, do you:

a) Have it configured to connect to a wireless network?

b) Have remote recording enabled?

I noticed that the wireless driver on latest firmware stops being able to detect networks, and then realised a couple of my reboots occuring at what is likely the same time as a remote recording update (e.g. on the hour, when it updates every half hour).

I've switched to using a wired connection instead of wireless, and so far, no problems.

It looks like a remote recording update running into a wireless network issue will reboot the box - maybe in conjunction with recording / playback.

Try switching to a wired network connection, or ensure that remote recording is turned off.

| Fri 23 Sep 2016 21:00:14 #93 |
  4. User has not uploaded an avatar

bampsam

Contacted Humax regarding the rebooting problem,and was advised to do a factory default. Also updated to the latest software. Just watching a recording of MOTD,and another reboot. I do not have remote record set,and the unit is connected by ethernet. Running out of ideas and patience now.

| Sun 25 Sep 2016 6:33:32 #94 |
  5. User has not uploaded an avatar

bampsam

This is a first. Box was switched off for an hour. Needed three presses of the power button on the remote to wake the box up,and it was rebooting yet again!

| Sun 25 Sep 2016 7:39:19 #95 |
  6. prking

prking

My box updated to the .34 software last week and it has again developed the problem where it forgets its connected to the internet (which had been fixed in the last versions).

Under .31 I had one reboot on the first time I used UKTV player. Since last week's update I've had three.

How on earth is Humax not spotting these problems and regressions during testing?

I think I'll have to find a way to go back to the previous version.

| Sun 25 Sep 2016 9:01:30 #96 |
  7. Freddy

Freddy

Can’t believe this problem seems to have worsened with the latest download/upgrade.
    I only bought my first ever Humax a few months ago (the 4000T) and it soon became apparent it wasn’t as good as it was made out to be, due to these faults.
    This is a shame because otherwise it would be a great piece of kit.
    Fortunately, I still had the receipt and I took it back to John lewis where I was just able to get a full refund.
    Ive been full circle with these PVR’s and looks like I’ll be going back to Sky Im sorry to have to stay and swallow my pride.

Anyhow good luck and hope that the experts at Humax can eventually sort these problems out for you all.

| Sun 25 Sep 2016 18:38:27 #97 |
  8. REPASSAC

REPASSAC

special member

Freddy - 40 minutes ago  » 
    Can’t believe this problem seems to have worsened with the latest download/upgrade.
    I only bought my first ever Humax a few months ago (the 4000T) and it soon became apparent it wasn’t as good as it was made out to be, due to these faults.
    This is a shame because otherwise it would be a great piece of kit.
    Fortunately, I still had the receipt and I took it back to John lewis where I was just able to get a full refund.
    Ive been full circle with these PVR’s and looks like I’ll be going back to Sky Im sorry to have to stay and swallow my pride.
    Anyhow good luck and hope that the experts at Humax can eventually sort these problems out for you all.

Well the Sky expects have seemed to solved the weekly lockups of yesterday and I am sure once the current problems on this model are solved it will be the best choice on the market.

| Sun 25 Sep 2016 19:21:03 #98 |
  9. Freddy

Freddy

Hello REPASSAC,

No sorry, Im not a Sky expect (expert even) and don’t profess to be one.

I seem to have touched a raw nerve with my comments.
    If you read my post in full I was saying that hopefully they will sort out the problems and if that is the case, I may even go back and buy one but not at the moment because currently, its a load of rubbish.

ps we are after all only talking about a piece of recording kit aren’t we?

| Sun 25 Sep 2016 22:24:45 #99 |
  10. User has not uploaded an avatar

fredb2

My FVP-4000T had been getting all sorts of problems with the 1.01.31 update.
    I updated it to 1.01.34 from Humax, allowed the machine to settle then turned it off and disconnected the power for a short time.
    Since then my Humax has been stable and connect's to the Internet a lot faster.

| Thu 29 Sep 2016 2:06:30 #100 |

RSS feed for this topic

Reply »

You must log in to post.