My Humax Forum » Freeview HD » FVP 4000T, 5000T

Software update

(102 posts)
  1. Bargepower

Bargepower

It's funny as mine rebooted 3 times within a week or two of the update but since my post on the 3rd September it hasn't happened at all. Perhaps the answer is to post on the forum?

Richard

Exactly the same for me - no reboots for over a week and the box has had plenty of use.

| Thu 15 Sep 2016 15:16:08 #81 |
  2. User has not uploaded an avatar

giverny

special member

Yes, mine re-booted once but has been OK since posting.

| Thu 15 Sep 2016 17:09:30 #82 |
  3. User has not uploaded an avatar

bampsam

Mine has been stable for five days now,and just hoping this problem has ended.

| Thu 15 Sep 2016 18:12:38 #83 |
  4. Barry

Barry

senior admin

Never witnessed a reboot except with very early versions of software (some not released publically)

| Thu 15 Sep 2016 18:25:16 #84 |
  5. Davygogs

Davygogs

I had another 2 re-boots last night while watching live TV. No recordings going on at the time either.

I`d estimate about 10 times now since the last update & not a hint of trouble before then!

| Thu 15 Sep 2016 21:11:16 #85 |
  6. User has not uploaded an avatar

bampsam

In defence of the Humax FVP-4000T.....
    Over the last couple of weeks I got just a tad fed up with the rebooting problem with the Humax,and decided to have Sky Q installed. This was also to utilise the 4K capability of my TV. What a dire decision. Sky claimed to have improved the quality of their HD channels,but they are not a touch on the quality of the Humax. Also people on this forum bemoan the lack of an info button on the Humax RC: the Sky RC doesn't have one either! Also on the fancy Sky touch remote there is not even a programme guide button. I only lived with the Q setup for a day before deciding to return it within the cooling off period. The Humax is now staying,and with no reboots for a week,I hope I now have my reliable box back.

| Sat 17 Sep 2016 10:46:08 #86 |
  7. User has not uploaded an avatar

Elmojo

That is Sky it dosent make any difference as to what the Humax box has. No info button sucks full stop.

| Sat 17 Sep 2016 12:41:00 #87 |
  8. User has not uploaded an avatar

bampsam

Spoke too soon. Just had my first reboot in about ten days as I changed channels. Please Humax,sought this out.

| Tue 20 Sep 2016 17:59:38 #88 |
  9. Stephenesque

Stephenesque

special member

bampsam - 1 hour ago  » 
    Spoke too soon. Just had my first reboot in about ten days as I changed channels. Please Humax,sought this out.

I had my first in weeks at around 11pm last night whilst watching a recording. Fortunately nothing else was recording at the time.

| Tue 20 Sep 2016 19:27:53 #89 |
  10. User has not uploaded an avatar

RichardS-UK

special member

Mine also rebooted late last night for the first time in weeks and nothing else was recording at the time.

It sounds madness, but is this reboot something to do with a command OTA or web from Humax tech?

Richard

| Wed 21 Sep 2016 9:22:03 #90 |

RSS feed for this topic

Reply »

You must log in to post.