My Humax Forum » Freeview HD » FVP 4000T, 5000T

Software update

(102 posts)
  1. User has not uploaded an avatar

RichardS-UK

special member

What's going on with this rebooting issue?

I have my FVP4000 for almost a year now and it has never once spontaneously rebooted itself. During the last few days since the update it has done it three times for no apparent reason whilst we're watching a recorded programme.

I hope Humax fix this before too long.

Richard

| Sat 3 Sep 2016 20:06:33 #71 |
  2. User has not uploaded an avatar

JPLS

I've had the same thing yesterday morning around 8. I was watching a recorded program (channel 4HD), nothing else was being recorded, the internet was not connected. The picture froze and the sound carried on for a while, then it rebooted. On restart it had not remembered where I was in the recording.

It might be helpful (for Humax technicians) to know if these reboots are happening in a particular way. Does it only happen if one is watching hd and not sd? For example.

| Sun 4 Sep 2016 11:47:11 #72 |
  3. User has not uploaded an avatar

bampsam

First reboot for ten days just happened whilst on YouTube. Getting really sick of this happening. When are Humax going to wake up to the problems caused by the last software update?

| Tue 6 Sep 2016 20:35:13 #73 |
  4. User has not uploaded an avatar

HfdSoundMan

Just want to add my voice to the spontaneous random reboot discussion. This has also recently started happening on my FVP-4000T and it is really annoying, especially if watching a recorded programme while another is recording as the recording is then abandoned. Even if manually restarted, there's probably 3 or 4 minutes lost while the box gets it self together and is working again. Not sure if it happens in unattended timer recordings but there have been a couple of instances recently when a timer recording has stopped before the end of the programme.

I'm not aware of it happening on any particular channel.

It has only started happening since the update but probably happens once or twice a week now. Had considered returning machine under warranty but there are about 100hrs of programmes on it we have yet to watch.

As a programmer, these kind of random events are often traced to an uninitialised variable somewhere in the code that had been missed during checking - could this be the case here?

| Thu 8 Sep 2016 11:24:27 #74 |
  5. User has not uploaded an avatar

phlppip

special member

I too had my first re-boot yesterday whilst watching a youtube video around lunch time, maybe it's youtube app related.

| Thu 8 Sep 2016 11:25:12 #75 |
  6. Davygogs

Davygogs

2 randon re-boots so far today....Getting bl00dy annoying now!

| Sat 10 Sep 2016 16:56:10 #76 |
  7. User has not uploaded an avatar

bampsam

Davygogs - 1 minute ago  » 
    2 randon re-boots so far today....Getting bl00dy annoying now!

And so far no reaction from Humax. It's getting beyond a joke now.

| Sat 10 Sep 2016 16:58:27 #77 |
  8. User has not uploaded an avatar

Elmojo

Hi all,
    I Have not had a reboot for about a week now. As already pointed out by another programmer on here this type of problem is usually caused by uninitialised variables or trying to read/write memory that dosent exist.
    I played a hunch that might help but no promises as without access to the code I can't be sure.
    I Have gone into Settings and the Power Timer changed all the values if it was off the change it to on and so on. Then exit the Settings back to what ever you were watching. Then go back in to Settings and change them back again. Exit the Settings again. The repeat this whole process again but this time for Power Management.
    This seems to have helped for me. The reason for the long winded procedure is that when I have worked on such firmware systems I don't commit any changes until the code is exiting the last menu level for technical reasons.
    If this dosent work please get back on here and let us all no. As this seems a very random thing.
    I noticed someone on here asked how do you now if this happens when your not watching at the time. If that happens you will see recording failed due to power failure. You should of course make sure it wasn't a real power outage.
    I hope this is a temporary fix for what should really be from Humax firmware engineers.

| Sat 10 Sep 2016 20:08:18 #78 |
  9. User has not uploaded an avatar

esme

esme - 1 week ago  » 
    OK managed to get a few hours to check out this update

I'll be reporting this to Humax, hope it's of use to someone

They finally got back to me, I'm guessing they're swamped with people complaining about the last update.

They are looking into these issues, I also asked about the WiFi password issue again, they can't confirm it's been dealt with but it has been passed on.

Since my last post I have also witnessed a random reboot while playing back a recording, I don't seem to get them at the same rate as everyone else though, could be because I tend to stream through a Roku box & the 4000T could be rebooting every 5 minutes and I just don't see it.

| Wed 14 Sep 2016 12:11:20 #79 |
  10. User has not uploaded an avatar

RichardS-UK

special member

It's funny as mine rebooted 3 times within a week or two of the update but since my post on the 3rd September it hasn't happened at all. Perhaps the answer is to post on the forum?

Richard

| Thu 15 Sep 2016 10:56:04 #80 |

RSS feed for this topic

Reply »

You must log in to post.