My Humax Forum » Freeview HD » FVP 4000T, 5000T

Software update

(102 posts)
  1. User has not uploaded an avatar

SSThing

special member

Unfortunately I will have to agree that this update is causing problems.
    After manually downloading the update from Humax, I was completely unable to get the machine to recognise the update from the usb stick until I did the power off/▼channel/power on. (Usually just a power on/off and/or update search will find an update on the usb).
    After the update I attempted a manual retune of the correct mux`s for my area and this was troublesome to say the least. Each separate channel required several runs before it tuned anything and each time I needed to swap between dvb-t and dvb-t2 a few times until it settled. Once tuned it appeared that the machine was ok but I have since had several reboots and I have noticed the previous channel (via return button) works very intermittently.
    More work required please Humax.

| Sat 27 Aug 2016 11:26:45 #61 |
  2. Bargepower

Bargepower

I turned the remote record on to have a play with how it worked, which is when I started to have numerous random reboots of the FVP-4000T. Turned remote record off and I've not had a reboot or any other problems for 4 days now.

| Sat 27 Aug 2016 12:42:01 #62 |
  3. Barry

Barry

senior admin

Remote record has been enabled on one of my FVP's since we started testing this application and no reboots to date.

| Sat 27 Aug 2016 15:00:14 #63 |
  4. User has not uploaded an avatar

Elmojo

Has anybody at Humax Towers got any suggestions as to what is causing these random reboots. As they are random only they can help or fix them. As it will take a debugger to find the problem. This firmware seems to lack the functionality of previous Humax PVR boxes and is now completely unreliable. This is really becoming embarrassing to what was a good reputation. What have they done internally to mess things up this badly.

| Tue 30 Aug 2016 20:27:47 #64 |
  5. User has not uploaded an avatar

esme

OK managed to get a few hours to check out this update

Current software is v1.01.31 loader is 1.05, updated on 5th August over WiFi, the update was so painless I didn't even realise it had happened.

So I worked through a few checks

Did a quick 15 minute recording in SD for test purposes

Transfer to USB

Seems to work as before, transfer takes about the same time as playback, files are decrypted on transfer, transferred files are in a ".recordings" folder & has HJM,HJTSM & NTS in addition to the TS file

Tried a different format for the USB, exFAT formatted drives aren't recognised, FAT32 still is though

Samba server

The new recording appears as a directory or folder with a TS extension, the HJM,HJTSM & NTS files are also present

Attempting to copy the TS folder over the network is denied, the error says

You need permission to perform this action
    You need permission from Unix User\0 to make changes to this folder

So Samba is borked for any new recordings, old pre update recordings still appear as files and transfer OK but these are still encrypted and of limited use

FTP server

Looks like a similar problem to Samba the TS file appears to be a directory, attempting to access it gets an error

550 /Recordings/"program name".ts/: No such file or directory

drag & drop to a file explorer and you get a link to the original, open the link and you get the 550 error

So FTP is also borked

Media server transfer

Windows 7 still can't handle the media server, so as I still had the win10 tablet (I really must give it back one day) I fired that up

Started the file explorer went to "This PC" & "FVP-4000T Media Server DMS" was present in "Network Locations"

Opened the "4000" & found 2 folders called "Channel" & "My Contents"

"Channel" has a list of all available channels, double clicking one opened media player but I couldn't get any to play

"My Contents" has an "Internal HDD" folder & a "Recordings" folder

"Internal HDD" seems to provide access to files you've uploaded to the 4000 but as I didn't have any I couldn't say for certain.

"Recordings" is all your recordings and they can be dragged/dropped, copy/pasted to another drive, no apparent distinction between pre & post update recordings so the test recording transferred ok & was unencrypted as did recordings made prior to the upgrade.

As other users have reported I also cannot get the media server on/off timer to work while the 4000 is in standby mode

Not noticed any crashes or hangs since the update

I'll be reporting this to Humax, hope it's of use to someone

| Wed 31 Aug 2016 14:20:08 #65 |
  6. User has not uploaded an avatar

Elmojo

Esme
    I am not trying to run down Humax for some bizarre reason.
    Firstly I have been a Firmware Engineer for over twenty seven years. I worked with Humax engineers some years ago in Paris when the chip set was based on conexent ARM SOC processors. They were/are amazing engineers.
    However, something bad has happened here. I HAVE HAD REBOOTS THAT ARE RANDOM.
    I don't care why they are happening in this latest build they just are, full stop. However, being a engineer I have either reduced or stopped them happening by going into System Settings and giving everything in sight an initial value. This might suggest that the default values in the code are not as should be.
    Again as this is a random problem only some sort of help from Humax could confirm or deny this as a partial solution.
    Again the lack of a creat folder and move and copy just leaves my HDD organisation a total mess. I recover a program after a rest and I can do nothing to tidy things up. I have said this until I am blue in the face and now again it is causing problems. What more can I say, add the ability to manage stuff on the HDD and I make things like this less painful. Who or what is Humax stopping the obvious.

| Thu 1 Sep 2016 3:38:31 #66 |
  7. Davygogs

Davygogs

4th random reboot last night since the recent update. No problems what so ever prior to that in 8 months!

| Thu 1 Sep 2016 6:54:54 #67 |
  8. User has not uploaded an avatar

bampsam

Davygogs - 2 hours ago  » 
    4th random reboot last night since the recent update. No problems what so ever prior to that in 8 months!

I've had three reboots since the update,the last one being Saturday. Like you the box was trouble free for months. I just hope Humax are aware of this problem,and will correct it asap.

| Thu 1 Sep 2016 9:04:24 #68 |
  9. Freddy

Freddy

Sorry to say this but I,m glad now I took mine back last week and got a refund from John Lewis.
    Clearly this upgrade has done no good whatsoever, in fact it seems to have made things worse.

| Thu 1 Sep 2016 9:20:37 #69 |
  10. User has not uploaded an avatar

esme

Elmojo - 8 hours ago  » 
    Esme
    I am not trying to run down Humax for some bizarre reason.
    Firstly I have been a Firmware Engineer for over twenty seven years. I worked with Humax engineers some years ago in Paris when the chip set was based on conexent ARM SOC processors. They were/are amazing engineers.
    However, something bad has happened here. I HAVE HAD REBOOTS THAT ARE RANDOM.
    I don't care why they are happening in this latest build they just are, full stop. However, being a engineer I have either reduced or stopped them happening by going into System Settings and giving everything in sight an initial value. This might suggest that the default values in the code are not as should be.
    Again as this is a random problem only some sort of help from Humax could confirm or deny this as a partial solution.
    Again the lack of a creat folder and move and copy just leaves my HDD organisation a total mess. I recover a program after a rest and I can do nothing to tidy things up. I have said this until I am blue in the face and now again it is causing problems. What more can I say, add the ability to manage stuff on the HDD and I make things like this less painful. Who or what is Humax stopping the obvious.

Oh I agree, this software wasn't tested adequately & shouldn't have been rolled out in this state.

Just for clarification I have no connection with Humax, I just mail them with any problems as they don't always read these threads unless they're pointed out

| Thu 1 Sep 2016 12:04:40 #70 |

RSS feed for this topic

Reply »

You must log in to post.