1. User has not uploaded an avatar

Blueberryman

Ooops, jpeg too big ! Try again.....

Attachments

1. 20131208_134424.jpg (52.9 KB, 13 downloads) 10 years old
    | Wed 8 Jan 2014 8:54:45 #21 |
  2. User has not uploaded an avatar

Sherbet66

DLNA Server seems to be improved, this now see's all movies/tv shows on my Windows Home Server however it does not play the .mkv's , it does generate a "file format not supported" message rather than trying to play these and fail with a black screen as before.

| Wed 8 Jan 2014 10:16:48 #22 |
  3. grahamlthompson

grahamlthompson

special member

Blueberryman - 2 hours ago  » 
    Ooops, jpeg too big ! Try again.....

Times have never appeared in a series folder, only a date. The info isn't in the programme synopsis either. The new firmware replaces the date for yesterday and today in recordings and adds tomorrow in planned recordings. Where the content listed was a folder the times that were there are meaningless (which of the many possible files in a folder does the time refer to ?)

It's not too bad when the programme carries a series number (even that can cause confusion because within the same series as broadcasters can change the episode numbering).

When there is no episode numbers it's very confusing.

Look at the contents of my Series Folder for Corrie.

It has 4 episodes on two different days, no easy way to tell which is the first on each day other than the order they are displayed. Had they had episode numbers the order is reversed.

Attachments

1. Corrie2.jpg (213.1 KB, 1 downloads) 10 years old
    | Wed 8 Jan 2014 11:28:14 #23 |
  4. REPASSAC

REPASSAC

special member

Sherbet66 - 1 hour ago  » 
    DLNA Server seems to be improved, this now see's all movies/tv shows on my Windows Home Server however it does not play the .mkv's , it does generate a "file format not supported" message rather than trying to play these and fail with a black screen as before.

You mean client not server.

| Wed 8 Jan 2014 11:37:12 #24 |
  5. grahamlthompson

grahamlthompson

special member

Found a screen shot from January last year

Attachments

1. Corrie.jpg (44.8 KB, 0 downloads) 10 years old
    | Wed 8 Jan 2014 11:49:02 #25 |
  6. User has not uploaded an avatar

Blueberryman

Hi Graham, I'm not talking about recorded programmes, that's always been a problem because they don't show times, only dates.

I'm talking about the planned recordings schedule. This jpeg shows what I see today. Compare it with my previous jpeg.

Attachments

1. 20140108_105200.jpg (47.2 KB, 3 downloads) 10 years old
    | Wed 8 Jan 2014 11:57:36 #26 |
  7. User has not uploaded an avatar

Pollensa1946

special member

Two new problems I'm seeing...

1) I'm now getting a message at the bottom of the screen when program trailers/previews are shown... "Press OK to set a reminder for this program" (or very similar words). I don't recall this being there before? In any event, it works fine except when you want to clear it from the screen by pressing Exit. It then returns and starts continually flashing. Anybody else seeing this?

2) On HD broadcasts I'm now seeing frequent changes in the picture display ratio. The picture edges, both on live HD broadcasts, watching HD recordings, and looking at EPG and Recordings during HD will suddenly spill outside of the TV screen.
    All TV and PVR picture/display settings are as before.
    Could this be a change to HDMI hand-shaking?

| Wed 8 Jan 2014 11:59:48 #27 |
  8. grahamlthompson

grahamlthompson

special member

Blueberryman - 36 minutes ago  » 
    Hi Graham, I'm not talking about recorded programmes, that's always been a problem because they don't show times, only dates.
    I'm talking about the planned recordings schedule. This jpeg shows what I see today. Compare it with my previous jpeg.

Right - sorry. Not sure why you need the time though.

| Wed 8 Jan 2014 12:35:19 #28 |
  9. grahamlthompson

grahamlthompson

special member

Pollensa1946 - 36 minutes ago  » 
    Two new problems I'm seeing...
    1) I'm now getting a message at the bottom of the screen when program trailers/previews are shown... "Press OK to set a reminder for this program" (or very similar words). I don't recall this being there before? In any event, it works fine except when you want to clear it from the screen by pressing Exit. It then returns and starts continually flashing. Anybody else seeing this?
    2) On HD broadcasts I'm now seeing frequent changes in the picture display ratio. The picture edges, both on live HD broadcasts, watching HD recordings, and looking at EPG and Recordings during HD will suddenly spill outside of the TV screen.
    All TV and PVR picture/display settings are as before.
    Could this be a change to HDMI hand-shaking?

1 yes - the static version isn't too bad but the flashing one is definitely over the top. Never pressed exit, sometimes they flash other times they appear once and go away.

2 No - not noticed any issues at all.

| Wed 8 Jan 2014 12:37:32 #29 |
  10. User has not uploaded an avatar

Blueberryman

grahamlthompson - 6 minutes ago  » 

Blueberryman - 36 minutes ago  » 

Right - sorry. Not sure why you need the time though.

It's useful to see times, otherwise you have to try to set another recording and see if it clashes. Previously, a quick glance at the schedule would immediately tell you if recording another programme was possible.
    Just think it's a backwards step to remove useful information from the display. There is certainly room on the display to show it.
    I expect Freesat/Humax had a good reason to do it.

| Wed 8 Jan 2014 12:52:35 #30 |

RSS feed for this topic

Reply »

You must log in to post.