My Humax Forum » Freesat HD » HB 1000S, 1100S

Software v3.00.77

(13 posts)
  1. User has not uploaded an avatar

GuyT

I have had a HB-1000 box for several years now and never had any problems with it. A month or so ago it updated itself to the 3.00.77 software and from that point forward had an issue where every 5 mins the picture and sound would disappear, the TV displays the HDMI 1080i / 50Hz etc message for a couiple of secs then the picture and sound are restored, after seeing a couple of posts on here reporting issues after the upgrade that were written off as a coincidence and it was down to hardware failure I thought what the heck and got a replacement HB1000S from Ebay, this came as 3.00.76 and once connected up the fault went away.
    Last night after 2 weeks or so of no problems the STB announced that it had upgraded its software (3.00.77) and within 5 mins EXACTLY the same problem reappeared.
    I have raised this with Humax this morning so will wait and see what they say. It's hard to believe this is all a coincidence!

| Wed 16 Aug 2017 9:22:52 #1 |
  2. User has not uploaded an avatar

patsy

Guy, I have had a similar problem for ages. I have a new HB1000S HD humax receiver and probably on average once every two days. I lose the picture for approx. 1 second It shows exactly the same as you. HDMI. 1080/50hz. The sound is ok. Then back to normality. I have posted loads of queries regarding this. Latterly I am awaiting an engineer to look at the communal dish/cables etc. As this was suggested as a problem. Are you on a communal dish?

| Wed 16 Aug 2017 13:14:30 #2 |
  3. REPASSAC

REPASSAC

special member

Which TV make/models?

| Wed 16 Aug 2017 14:54:45 #3 |
  4. User has not uploaded an avatar

GuyT

Hi Patsy - sounds like a different issue, I don't have a communal disk, my issue started on both boxes within 5 mins of the 3.00.77 software being loaded and the problem occurs at least every 5-10 mins

Repassac - the HB1000 is normally connected to a wharfdale 19" LCD in the kitchen but I have also tried it connected to a Panasonic TX42" plasma, the Panasonic had the same problem whilst connected to the HB1000, I can also take the humax 1100HDR freesat box that is normally connected to the Panasonic and connect it to the wharfdale and there is no problem, this would tend to rule out all equipment except the HB-1000s and on top of that problems with other equipment wouldn't explain why the newer HB1000 worked for the best part of 2 weeks on 3.00.76 without any problems right up to the point 3.00.77 installed itself

| Wed 16 Aug 2017 16:45:35 #4 |
  5. REPASSAC

REPASSAC

special member

I think I would try a reset to default. The software on the HDR-1100S and the HB-1000 is essentially the same.

Your problem is very strange. Other things I would try is disabling HDMI-CEC on your TV's and covering the I.Red receiver on the unit, plus changing the picture resolution to a fixed one such as 1080-P if it is set to auto.

| Thu 17 Aug 2017 6:17:47 #5 |
  6. User has not uploaded an avatar

GuyT

I had already done the factory reset on the original unit but have done now on this one, also tried changing resolution settings etc but no change, Don't think there is a HDMI-CEC setting on this tv.

On the Humax software support page at https://uk.humaxdigital.com/support/?product_id=875&curr_page=sw_release there is a reference to problems with HDMI connections on older TVs and a download link for the previous software which unfortunately alternates between not working or asking for logon credentials - Does anyone know the credentials or does anyone have the previous software available so I can try going back to that.

Thx

| Sat 19 Aug 2017 9:18:37 #6 |
  7. REPASSAC

REPASSAC

special member

The download link works for me but does point to the current software.

HDMI-CEC is called VIERA Link in Panasonic speak.

You could also try changing to another HDMI port on the TV.

| Sat 19 Aug 2017 9:45:43 #7 |
  8. Barry

Barry

senior admin

GuyT - I'll upload the previous version to my one drive account and send you details via PM.....give me a few minutes to organise. Done.

| Sat 19 Aug 2017 10:21:26 #8 |
  9. black knight

black knight

special member

REPASSAC - 2 days ago  » 
    Other things I would try is disabling HDMI-CEC on your TV's and covering the I.Red receiver on the unit, plus changing the picture resolution to a fixed one such as 1080-P if it is set to auto.

There is no auto setting on the G2 boxes, so it's likely it was already set at 1080i, which all HD Ready tv's should be able to cope with.

Strange issue though, and unfortunately my HB1000S is out on loan so I can't even try and replicate the problem.

| Sat 19 Aug 2017 11:34:41 #9 |
  10. User has not uploaded an avatar

GuyT

The box has been downgraded to 3.00.68 and has been on 10 mins so far without the issue occurring - if this fixes it how do I stop 3.00.77 downloading again?

| Sat 19 Aug 2017 12:48:09 #10 |

RSS feed for this topic

Reply »

You must log in to post.