My Humax Forum » Freesat HD » HDR 1000, 1010, 1100S

Some 1100S questions

(5 posts)
  1. User has not uploaded an avatar

Tafwys

I've just replaced my old FoxsatHDR with a new 1100S.
    So far, I've had to power down the box after it seized up on about three occasions! But, apart from that, I'm quite impressed.

A few questions:

(1) The manual supplied with the 1100S box contains the bare essentials and is not exactly "technical"! Is anything else available?

(2) I can record individual programmes or whole series. But I can only set a reminder for individual programmes, not series! For example, with the old Foxsat HDR, I could set up a reminder/watch for the BBC News at Six and then edit (yellow button) that reminder and set it to 'repeat every weekday', so that the News would automatically appear on my screen every Mon-Fri. Is there a way of doing this on the 1100S?

(3) Is there any way I can copy recorded programmes from my old Foxsat to my new 1100S???

| Tue 25 Aug 2015 15:35:00 #1 |
  2. User has not uploaded an avatar

Alfie25

I asked the same question regarding the technical guide and I think I was told that there isn't one and that it should be intuitive enough!

| Tue 25 Aug 2015 16:01:50 #2 |
  3. grahamlthompson

grahamlthompson

special member

On a Foxsat-HDR SD programmes can be copied to a USB drive and replayed on a freetime unit (and uploaded to it's internal hard disk if you wish). If the Foxsat has the custom firmware (see the appropriate threads at AV forums) installed and one of the DLNA server packages you can watch SD recordings directly on a freetime unit using it's built in dlna client and your home network.

You can set manual recordings by going right from the planned recordings list but afaik you can only create recordings not a reminder.

| Tue 25 Aug 2015 16:45:34 #3 |
  4. User has not uploaded an avatar

Tafwys

Alfie25 - 46 minutes ago  » 
    ... it should be intuitive enough!

Isn't that what they said about Windows 8?

| Tue 25 Aug 2015 16:49:26 #4 |
  5. REPASSAC

REPASSAC

special member

Tafwys - 1 hour ago  » 

Alfie25 - 46 minutes ago  » 
    ... it should be intuitive enough!

Isn't that what they said about Windows 8?

Yes and in main it is, the manual seems designed for future units/brands of units with unknown functions.,

| Tue 25 Aug 2015 18:06:49 #5 |

RSS feed for this topic

You must log in to post.