My Humax Forum » Freesat HD » HDR 1000, 1010, 1100S

Some channels not receiving a signal

(9 posts)
  1. User has not uploaded an avatar

Rachel90

A while ago, I lost a number of channels with an error message of ‘The receiver is not receiving a signal or the signal is too weak’. I tried factory resetting, checking cables, etc but made no difference. Since then, a few have come back on their own, but I’m still getting the error message on some channels. The signal info is good on strength and quality on both tuner 1 and 2.

I don’t understand why some channels work and others don’t, is this likely to be an issue with the satellite or the box itself? It’s the humax 1100s model.

Grateful for any advice!

| Sun 14 Mar 2021 15:29:33 #1 |
  2. grahamlthompson

grahamlthompson

special member

Rachel90 - 14 mins ago  » 
    A while ago, I lost a number of channels with an error message of ‘The receiver is not receiving a signal or the signal is too weak’. I tried factory resetting, checking cables, etc but made no difference. Since then, a few have come back on their own, but I’m still getting the error message on some channels. The signal info is good on strength and quality on both tuner 1 and 2.
    I don’t understand why some channels work and others don’t, is this likely to be an issue with the satellite or the box itself? It’s the humax 1100s model.
    Grateful for any advice!

Could be a failed LNB issue. You are probably missing horizontally or vertically polarised channels. Or you may have water in the coax cabling.

Seems likely to be vertical as you would not have been sable to reset without the horizontal ones.

If you enter the following channel numbers to switch to these channels which work ?

949 (horizontal channel)

972 (vertical channel)

| Sun 14 Mar 2021 15:49:48 #2 |
  3. User has not uploaded an avatar

Rachel90

grahamlthompson - 8 hours ago  » 

Rachel90 - 14 mins ago  » 
    Grateful for any advice!

Could be a failed LNB issue. You are probably missing horizontally or vertically polarised channels. Or you may have water in the coax cabling.
    Seems likely to be vertical as you would not have been sable to reset without the horizontal ones.
    If you enter the following channel numbers to switch to these channels which work ?
    949 (horizontal channel)
    972 (vertical channel)

Thanks for your reply. I’ve checked both the channels you suggested and neither work, I’m getting the error message.

| Mon 15 Mar 2021 0:24:35 #3 |
  4. REPASSAC

REPASSAC

special member

Your problem is unlikely to be the 1100S. Likely possibilities include dish alignment slightly off, LNB failing, water ingression in cabling, incorrect LNB Skew or a mixture of these.

You mentioned good signal quality, this is channel dependant and can vary as some channels are on the stronger UK beam and others on the European beam. Signal can also vary on polarisation and frequency.

What would provide more information is: can you try one channel in each of the groups (transponders) in this list https://en.kingofsat.net/pack-freesat.php and indicate if you can receive it or not and mention if there any any you receive that are pixelating.

| Mon 15 Mar 2021 9:51:27 #4 |
  5. grahamlthompson

grahamlthompson

special member

REPASSAC - 1 hour ago  » 
    Your problem is unlikely to be the 1100S. Likely possibilities include dish alignment slightly off, LNB failing, water ingression in cabling, incorrect LNB Skew or a mixture of these.
    You mentioned good signal quality, this is channel dependant and can vary as some channels are on the stronger UK beam and others on the European beam. Signal can also vary on polarisation and frequency.
    What would provide more information is: can you try one channel in each of the groups (transponders) in this list https://en.kingofsat.net/pack-freesat.php and indicate if you can receive it or not and mention if there any any you receive that are pixelating.

Both the test channels are UK spot beam transponders. Perhaps the OP should tell us a few that do work.

139 and 801 would be interesting as they straddle the home transponder frequency and likely to be Horizontal Europe beam transponders.

Dish may have moved. Had some strong winds recently in the UK.

90 mph gust recorded in the Isle of Wight.

| Mon 15 Mar 2021 11:00:38 #5 |
  6. User has not uploaded an avatar

Rachel90

grahamlthompson - 11 hours ago  » 

REPASSAC - 1 hour ago  » 

Both the test channels are UK spot beam transponders. Perhaps the OP should tell us a few that do work.
    139 and 801 would be interesting as they straddle the home transponder frequency and likely to be Horizontal Europe beam transponders.

139 doesn’t work, but 801 does.

A few others that work are: 199, 122, 125, 128, 157, 159, 162, 170, 173, 290. Not sure if that’s helpful.

| Mon 15 Mar 2021 22:10:44 #6 |
  7. grahamlthompson

grahamlthompson

special member

Rachel90 - 9 mins ago  » 

grahamlthompson - 11 hours ago  » 

REPASSAC - 1 hour ago  » 

139 doesn’t work, but 801 does.
    A few others that work are: 199, 122, 125, 128, 157, 159, 162, 170, 173, 290. Not sure if that’s helpful.

I need to check for certain whether both channels are on UK spot beam transponders. UK spot beam transponders are much stronger in the UK.

I wiil check out the others that work to see if they have something in common. It will have to be tomorrow.

| Mon 15 Mar 2021 22:27:26 #7 |
  8. grahamlthompson

grahamlthompson

special member

Are you sure about 199 and 290 ? As far as I can tell these numbers do not exist on the Freesat epg.

https://www.radioandtelly.co.uk/freesatchannels.html

Quick check shows that you have a mixture of Horizontal and Vertical channels including at least one high band transponder.

This would indicate the moved dish theory is likely to be the culprit.

| Mon 15 Mar 2021 22:49:33 #8 |
  9. User has not uploaded an avatar

Rachel90

grahamlthompson - 22 mins ago  » 
    Are you sure about 199 and 290 ? As far as I can tell these numbers do not exist on the Freesat epg.
    https://www.radioandtelly.co.uk/freesatchannels.html
    Quick check shows that you have a mixture of Horizontal and Vertical channels including at least one high band transponder.
    This would indicate the moved dish theory is likely to be the culprit.

Thank you for all your help! I’ll look into getting the dish looked at.

| Mon 15 Mar 2021 23:14:21 #9 |

RSS feed for this topic

You must log in to post.