My Humax Forum » Freeview HD » FVP 4000T, 5000T

Some issues a week in

(16 posts)
  1. User has not uploaded an avatar

BlackGhost

special member

thanks - I guess I add all the SD channels to DVB-T and all HD channels to DVB-T2 and hope the other settings are ok..

| Sat 6 Aug 2016 20:20:00 #11 |
  2. grahamlthompson

grahamlthompson

special member

BlackGhost - 36 minutes ago  » 
    I saw this posted from a few months back in another thread (I'm in Cardiff):
    Wenvoe UHF MUX
    DVB-T 41 44 42 39 DVB-T2 47 31 93
    I tried the above but there is no 93 channel - it only goes up to 69.
    Does anyone have a link to check the channels?
    Also if I select DVB-T or DVB-T2 and the correct channel, do the settings for Bandwidth and Network Search need changing? (the manual says the corresponding Frequency is automatically selected) Thanks.

UHF channel 93 does not exist. UHF in the UK used to be 21 to 68 (69 was never used in the UK). The higher frequencies are no longer used for TV.

https://ukfree.tv/transmitters/tv/Wenvoe

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Analogue_terrestrial_television_in_the_United_Kingdom#625_line_system

To manual tune you just need the channel number and the correct modulation (DVB-T/DVB-T2).

| Sat 6 Aug 2016 20:42:53 #12 |
  3. User has not uploaded an avatar

BlackGhost

special member

Many thanks for all the replies - I think I have the right channels now so will see what difference it makes.

| Sat 6 Aug 2016 20:50:01 #13 |
  4. User has not uploaded an avatar

BlackGhost

special member

Luke - 20 hours ago
    I only retune about once or twice a year when there are channel changes that I know I want. E.g the current Olympics.
    If it is just one frequency group of channels that is changing I sometimes just retune that group, especially If I know I have no recordings set from that particular group. But for most that is not practical as most people won't have spent the time understanding the detail of what is going on.

So of I wanted to manually retune a frequency group of channels I'm guessing I would need to find all the tv/radio stations in that group and delete them all first.

| Sun 7 Aug 2016 12:06:44 #14 |
  5. User has not uploaded an avatar

Luke

special member

BlackGhost - 2 hours ago  » 

Luke - 20 hours ago
    So of I wanted to manually retune a frequency group of channels I'm guessing I would need to find all the tv/radio stations in that group and delete them all first.

No need. A manual tune for a particular frequency deletes all pre-existing channels for that frequency. What it does not do is delete substitute channels from another transmitter for a different frequency, thus the need to delete everything after the tuning has already gone wrong.

| Sun 7 Aug 2016 14:45:01 #15 |
  6. User has not uploaded an avatar

BlackGhost

special member

Got it, thanks.

| Sun 7 Aug 2016 14:58:52 #16 |

RSS feed for this topic

You must log in to post.