My Humax Forum » Freeview HD » Aura UHD

Some questions as thinking of getting one of these

(14 posts)
  1. User has not uploaded an avatar

ShaunIOW

Having recently cancelled Sky whihc is due to turn off in a few weeks, I'm been looking at replacement boxes and am considering the Aura as it looks a good one box solution, but have some questions.

I currently also us an Android Tv box for things like Plex and some online streaming services, can these be used on the Aura as well so I can ditch the box and save a HDMI slot (as I may need to connect up a Freesat box as well for the channels not on Freeview in my area like Forces TV)?

I use Plex to stream from my own freeNAS server and also use VLC to stream from an external HD plugged in to the router, is that possible on the Aura?

Is it possible to save programs on the Aura from catchup/streaming services to watch later when no internet or if removed from the service like it is with a sky box?

I know thatNetflix isn't on the Aura, but what about Britbox, Disney+, Apple TV and Google Play Movies? and if not, can they be added?

Cheers

| Wed 3 Mar 2021 22:29:03 #1 |
  2. mhargreaves

Mark Hargreaves

special member

Disney+ and Google play are definitely on the Aura. I've managed to install a (not totally supported) version of Netflix. Haven't seen Brit Box available yet.

| Wed 3 Mar 2021 23:53:09 #2 |
  3. grahamlthompson

grahamlthompson

special member

ShaunIOW - 13 hours ago  » 
    Having recently cancelled Sky whihc is due to turn off in a few weeks, I'm been looking at replacement boxes and am considering the Aura as it looks a good one box solution, but have some questions.
    I currently also us an Android Tv box for things like Plex and some online streaming services, can these be used on the Aura as well so I can ditch the box and save a HDMI slot (as I may need to connect up a Freesat box as well for the channels not on Freeview in my area like Forces TV)?
    I use Plex to stream from my own freeNAS server and also use VLC to stream from an external HD plugged in to the router, is that possible on the Aura?
    Is it possible to save programs on the Aura from catchup/streaming services to watch later when no internet or if removed from the service like it is with a sky box?
    I know thatNetflix isn't on the Aura, but what about Britbox, Disney+, Apple TV and Google Play Movies? and if not, can they be added?
    Cheers

Plex is available for the Aura. Netflix can be sideloaded. There is a post somewhere on how to.

| Thu 4 Mar 2021 11:46:58 #3 |
  4. User has not uploaded an avatar

ShaunIOW

Cheers for the replies.

| Thu 4 Mar 2021 21:41:58 #4 |
  5. User has not uploaded an avatar

ShaunIOW

Another question, can IPTV apps be installed on the Aura? and can they record to the Aura hard-drive if they have an EPG and recording option? I ask as I use a free IPTV app on an android box to watch FTA German and other European TV instead of messing about with a motorised satellite dish.

Cheers

| Fri 5 Mar 2021 20:13:42 #5 |
  6. grahamlthompson

grahamlthompson

special member

ShaunIOW - 8 mins ago  » 
    Another question, can IPTV apps be installed on the Aura? and can they record to the Aura hard-drive if they have an EPG and recording option? I ask as I use a free IPTV app on an android box to watch FTA German and other European TV instead of messing about with a motorised satellite dish.
    Cheers

The only content you can record is Live TV delivered by a terrestrial aerial. So unless you can record on the android box to a video file it's not possible. If so the box has built in chromecast so it may be poosible to view content from a mobile device directly.

Can you view the content you want in a chrome page ? Chrome has a built in chromecast icon.

| Fri 5 Mar 2021 20:27:09 #6 |
  7. User has not uploaded an avatar

ShaunIOW

grahamlthompson - 8 mins ago  » 

ShaunIOW - 8 mins ago  » 
    Cheers

The only content you can record is Live TV delivered by a terrestrial aerial. So unless you can record on the android box to a video file it's not possible. If so the box has built in chromecast so it may be poosible to view content from a mobile device directly.
    Can you view the content you want in a chrome page ? Chrome has a built in chromecast icon.

I haven't tried on Chrome, but I can record and set timed recordings to an external USB harddrive from the IPTV app's EPG on an Android box, so was hoping to save a HDMI port and just have the one box.

| Fri 5 Mar 2021 20:38:26 #7 |
  8. grahamlthompson

grahamlthompson

special member

ShaunIOW - 53 secs ago  » 

ShaunIOW - 8 mins ago  » 
    Cheers

I haven't tried on Chrome, but I can record and set timed recordings to an external USB harddrive from the IPTV app's EPG on an Android box, so was hoping to save a HDMI port and just have the one box.

If you plug the drive into a PC and install VLC player can you view these using this app ?

| Fri 5 Mar 2021 20:40:27 #8 |
  9. User has not uploaded an avatar

ShaunIOW

grahamlthompson - 33 mins ago  » 

ShaunIOW - 8 mins ago  » 
    Cheers

If you plug the drive into a PC and install VLC player can you view these using this app ?

Yes, actually the Android box hardrive shows up on my network and I can just copy/paste recordings to the laptop if I want to.

| Fri 5 Mar 2021 21:15:36 #9 |
  10. grahamlthompson

grahamlthompson

special member

ShaunIOW - 31 secs ago  » 

grahamlthompson - 33 mins ago  » 

ShaunIOW - 8 mins ago  » 
    Cheers

Yes, actually the Android box hardrive shows up on my network and I can just copy/paste recordings to the laptop if I want to.

Then the answer is most likely yes.

There are two ways to do this.

Number one is the latest official firmware.

VLC can be installed on the Aura. The Aura has two rear usb ports. One HDMI 3.0 and the other HDMI USB 2.0.

VLC can play back usb content from either port.

The other is detailed in the public beta test thread on this forum.

The latest beta test has a FTP server client installed. Given a compatible server you should be to upload files to the internal HHD. You should consider the 2TB model for this.

Of course this depends on the update not finding any major issues in the beta testing procedure.

I have a Panasonic 4K Bluray player with network capsbility. It can see the Aura 4K Media server and play back content from the recordings folder.

You should get this once it gets to the public release you should get this automatically.

I obviously can't test this for your files, but if you download the appropriate version for MediaInfo for the kit you have the files stored on then if you open one of the files. Select view tree and use the export to text file option then this will identify the video audio and subtitle streams in the container that you have. Unless there is some odd codec that the aura cannot cope with.

https://blusas.co.uk/mho.php?loc=https://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B08NDLP4K1/ref=syn_sd_onsite_desktop_171?psc=1&tag=blusas008-21&uh_it=64db23d5d01b825d33d3a3df67c04361_CT&spLa=ZW5jcnlwdGVkUXVhbGlmaWVyPUEzRjhHU1FSRTdXTTJPJmVuY3J5cHRlZElkPUEwNTIxNDU1MkY0VFdKUVYzRFdNWSZlbmNyeXB0ZWRBZElkPUEwOTc5Njc3OUxVMTU5NlZHR1FPJndpZGdldE5hbWU9c2Rfb25zaXRlX2Rlc2t0b3AmYWN0aW9uPWNsaWNrUmVkaXJlY3QmZG9Ob3RMb2dDbGljaz10cnVl

| Fri 5 Mar 2021 21:41:41 #10 |

RSS feed for this topic

Reply »

You must log in to post.