My Humax Forum » WELCOME to the forums!

Some Transponders not picking up programmes

(5 posts)
  1. User has not uploaded an avatar

Cmitch13

Hi All,

I'm new to the forum but an "old timer" with Humax. My free view box seems ok at the moment but the Freesat - HDR had poor signal and on tuning there was no improvement. A factory reset resulted in not being able to do a Freesat tune. Manual tune picks up some transponder signal and gives excellent pictures on Channel 4, 5 and their derivatives. Also got BBC2&4 and Alba but no BBC1 or any ZhD channels.

I'm operating on u7.52 and have original level 14 software which never seems to have been an issue for 6/7 years!

Just hoping there is something other than climbing up a ladder to adjust the dish/LNB.

Any ideas?

| Sat 19 Sep 2015 0:12:03 #1 |
  2. REPASSAC

REPASSAC

special member

Check this list to see if all the channels you have lost are horizontally polarised ("H" is coll 1).
    If so, it is probable that the LNB is defective and not switching correctly.
    There are other possibilities but if you have lost all the horizontally polarised then the LNB would be the first suspect.

| Sat 19 Sep 2015 12:46:19 #2 |
  3. grahamlthompson

grahamlthompson

special member

Cmitch13 - Are you in the UK ?

Welcome to our forum

| Sat 19 Sep 2015 12:57:09 #3 |
  4. User has not uploaded an avatar

Cmitch13

Hi Graham,

Yes in the UK Midlands.

Hi Repassac,

I've used the Wikipedia list and what you've said checks out; I can only get H and not V signals so that points to LNB.

With that knowledge I've tuned manually to give a workable list from the regions (but no HD) for the time being till I buy and fit an new LNB.

My last one came from Screwfix - any better ideas?

| Sat 19 Sep 2015 17:03:25 #4 |
  5. grahamlthompson

grahamlthompson

special member

Cmitch13 - 3 hours ago  » 
    Hi Graham,
    Yes in the UK Midlands.
    Hi Repassac,
    I've used the Wikipedia list and what you've said checks out; I can only get H and not V signals so that points to LNB.
    With that knowledge I've tuned manually to give a workable list from the regions (but no HD) for the time being till I buy and fit an new LNB.
    My last one came from Screwfix - any better ideas?

If you have a Sky dish (wider than it's tall), you might as well get the cheapest you can buy from e-bay. They are very similar in performance. Signal strength in the UK is high so any one designed for a Sky dish should be fine.

Incidentally the reason you couldn't do a reset is because the freesat home transponder (required to do a postcode validation is horizontally polarised).

Depending on the age of your dish you may need a legacy adaptor (The way the lnb is attached to the dish has changed over the years - the latest MK4 dishes have a spirit level built into the fitting which clips over the lnb arm. Earlier ones used a spigot design which slots into the lnb arm.

Completely random choice (because it mentions legacy adaptors)

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/New-Sky-Quad-LNB-with-Adapter-Freesat-Snap-On-for-Sky-Dish-and-Free-TV/171412649989?_trksid=p2054897.c100204.m3164&_trkparms=aid%3D222007%26algo%3DSIC.MBE%26ao%3D1%26asc%3D20140407115239%26meid%3D63708c4687374541b7f7f8dc0f47decf%26pid%3D100204%26rk%3D19%26rkt%3D29%26sd%3D361254903434

You can get a up to date list of current freesat transponders by transponder frequency and polarisation from the links here :

https://myhumax.org/forum/topic/what-can-i-record-and-watch-using-1-or-2-cables

| Sat 19 Sep 2015 21:07:57 #5 |

RSS feed for this topic

You must log in to post.