My Humax Forum » Freeview HD » HDR 1800T, 2000T

Sort folders?

(16 posts)
  1. User has not uploaded an avatar

Faust

special member

crashcris - 3 hours ago  » 
    My TV is 4K and it plays Youtube videos beautifully with a ridiculous clarity, it also plays Amazon Prime 4K and to be honest although it's fractionally sharper than HD it's nowhere near the Youtube experience. I wear glasses for HD TV and take them off for SD. HD broadcasts do eat up the memory but well worth it for me. Just wish there was a way to archive the programmes.

I did say in my post there isn't a lot of material available from the "main broadcasters" i.e. terrestrial broadcasters. If I removed my spectacles then everything would just be a blur.

| Sat 5 Nov 2016 16:54:41 #11 |
  2. User has not uploaded an avatar

Faust

special member

colirv - 14 minutes ago  » 
    I have an Archive folder, to which I move all the folders that I no longer need to keep current. One click to get into that, then all the older folders are in alphabetical order and easy to find. I suspect I can find a given folder quicker than if they were all in one long list not in alphabetical order.

I'm with you there. Alphabetical for me every time.

| Sat 5 Nov 2016 16:56:19 #12 |
  3. User has not uploaded an avatar

Luke

special member

crashcris - 5 hours ago  » 
    Just wish there was a way to archive the programmes.

That is not open for discussion on this site
    https://myhumax.org/forum/topic/removal-of-certain-links-and-posts

you could try hummy.tv instead
    https://hummy.tv/forum/threads/foxy.5822/

| Sat 5 Nov 2016 18:15:10 #13 |
  4. User has not uploaded an avatar

crashcris

Gosh Luke, sorry I wasn't trying to break the rules or law, just musing that it would be nice to have some way of keeping the recordings for longer than the lifespan of the Humax, which by past experience can be as little as a couple of years before one day you find out that the only to get it working again is to format the disc (I had to do that once on my 9200t and twice on my 9300t) Losing all the recordings. Were these machines as reliable as they should be, they'd last forever and I'd buy them with enormous hard drives, but they always go wrong at some point so there never seems any point in buying the larger memory models.

| Sat 5 Nov 2016 18:38:21 #14 |
  5. User has not uploaded an avatar

crashcris

Oh right Luke, sorry, I see what you did there, I'm not particularly technical and I don't have a pc any more (mac user), so I'm pretty sure there wouldn't be any way round it as far as I'm concerned. Thanks anyway. Cris.

| Sat 5 Nov 2016 18:45:17 #15 |
  6. User has not uploaded an avatar

Faust

special member

crashcris - 20 hours ago  » 
    Oh right Luke, sorry, I see what you did there, I'm not particularly technical and I don't have a pc any more (mac user), so I'm pretty sure there wouldn't be any way round it as far as I'm concerned. Thanks anyway. Cris.

For the very best of both worlds install Windows as a VM on your Mac then you can run two great OS's.

| Sun 6 Nov 2016 15:18:42 #16 |

RSS feed for this topic

You must log in to post.