My Humax Forum » Freeview SD » PVR 9150T, 9200T, 9300T

Sound coming through from AV1

(5 posts)
  1. User has not uploaded an avatar

jamesrob1

I have a PVR 9150T and when you connect it up, it defaults to the TV's AV1 channel. But, if the TV is tuned to a station and you switch to the Humax you can hear sound coming from the TV programme through the AV1 channel. Sometimes you can see a very very faint ghost picture as well behind what you are viewing on the Humax.
    Can anyone advise me on what to do please.

| Mon 6 Feb 2012 12:57:04 #1 |
  2. gomezz

gomezz

special member

It is indicative of poorly screened electronics inside the TV set. Other than making sure the TV itself is not tuned to any station you can play the audio from the PVR through an external sound system. Any old stereo system with an AUX IN will serve.

| Mon 6 Feb 2012 13:21:48 #2 |
  3. grahamlthompson

grahamlthompson

special member

Try a better fully screened scart cable. Picture ghosting in particular is often from cross talk in a poorly screened scart cable.

| Mon 6 Feb 2012 13:33:38 #3 |
  4. User has not uploaded an avatar

Martin Liddle

special member

jamesrob1 - 33 minutes ago  » 
    I have a PVR 9150T and when you connect it up, it defaults to the TV's AV1 channel. But, if the TV is tuned to a station and you switch to the Humax you can hear sound coming from the TV programme through the AV1 channel. Sometimes you can see a very very faint ghost picture as well behind what you are viewing on the Humax.
    Can anyone advise me on what to do please.

Get a properly screened SCART lead or remove pin 19 from the TV end of the existing SCART lead.

| Mon 6 Feb 2012 13:34:38 #4 |
  5. aldaweb

aldaweb

administrator

Welcome to the forum

As Graham and Martin have indicated this is a common problem with a poorly screened scart lead.

I thought I had done a FAQ item about this but perhaps it got lost in the old place. Will re-do it when I have time.

| Mon 6 Feb 2012 20:40:15 #5 |

RSS feed for this topic

You must log in to post.