My Humax Forum » Freeview HD » Aura UHD

Sound/vision dropping

(4 posts)
  1. User has not uploaded an avatar

rollsjohn

I'm getting momentary (a second or so) where sound and vision from the box is dropping. This is happening every minute or so. Box was installed only 3 days ago an this is new problem today. Has anybody any thoughts?

| Fri 5 Mar 2021 21:41:57 #1 |
  2. grahamlthompson

grahamlthompson

special member

rollsjohn - 46 secs ago  » 
    I'm getting momentary (a second or so) where sound and vision from the box is dropping. This is happening every minute or so. Box was installed only 3 days ago an this is new problem today. Has anybody any thoughts?

Well known issue. problem is could be down to two high a signal level (clipping Signal). Easy to fix, Or high pressure uplift conditions causing interference from distant transmissions using the same UHF carrier frequencies.

What channel is the problem on.?

Or too low a signal. Nost likely on one the temporary COM HD mux

Can you post the signal level on say one of the PSB-3-HD Mux.

101 102 103 104 and 105.

Also rough location and transmitter used if you know it.

Also highest epg channel number you have in your epg.

| Fri 5 Mar 2021 21:49:16 #2 |
  3. User has not uploaded an avatar

rollsjohn

Happening on BBC 1 HD, itv HD, channel 4 so far. Signal levels are around 70% quality 100% from Emley Moor line of sight with loft aerial. Highest epg is 726. Have tried power cycle. Also it's promting not connected to Internet when I go to guide even though settings show connected to wired ethernet. Beginning to do my head in!

| Fri 5 Mar 2021 22:40:13 #3 |
  4. User has not uploaded an avatar

rollsjohn

Sussed it!!
    Both above problems are related. The box was showing Ethernet connected but in fact it wasn't. I use TP link powerlines and they had gone down. Once they were rebooted the problem went away. I suspect that the box was constantly looking for an internet connection and thus causing the dropouts and the nagging messages on the guide and home pages. However the box is now showing Ethernet not connected in settings even though it is and I can get i-player without any problem so this is just weird. I guess others with same problem might be using WiFi to connect to internet and this method is often not the most stable. The box will be constantly looking for a WiFi signal an thus will no doubt cause the same problem.

| Fri 5 Mar 2021 23:47:34 #4 |

RSS feed for this topic

You must log in to post.