My Humax Forum » Freeview HD » Aura UHD

Squeak!

(8 posts)
  1. User has not uploaded an avatar

boogersa

special member

When my aura is in “full” standby and I start it up there is an audible squeak (that’s what it sounds like!) coming from the box. Lasts less than a second but must the hard drive or something fully starting? It does it just as the light changes from red to blue. Anybody else have this? I don’t think it’s worth taking it back for though as the box is reasonably quiet when running.

| Wed 25 Nov 2020 17:44:57 #1 |
  2. User has not uploaded an avatar

kr002

special member

Mine does that too
    But the Humax fox T2 did that as well think it's just normal
    Is this your first Humax box?

| Thu 26 Nov 2020 11:36:19 #2 |
  3. User has not uploaded an avatar

boogersa

special member

I have a 5000t but doesn’t do this. I’m not aware that the 5000t has two levels of standby. Good to know I’m not alone with the startup noise for the aura though.

| Thu 26 Nov 2020 12:08:09 #3 |
  4. User has not uploaded an avatar

niknak

Both my 4000T and 5000T make various noises when starting up from standby.

| Thu 26 Nov 2020 16:01:23 #4 |
  5. grahamlthompson

grahamlthompson

special member

boogersa - 23 hours ago  » 
    When my aura is in “full” standby and I start it up there is an audible squeak (that’s what it sounds like!) coming from the box. Lasts less than a second but must the hard drive or something fully starting? It does it just as the light changes from red to blue. Anybody else have this? I don’t think it’s worth taking it back for though as the box is reasonably quiet when running.

Mine does this. I think it's a smart fan starting and shutting down when it checks the cpu temperature.

| Thu 26 Nov 2020 16:55:14 #5 |
  6. User has not uploaded an avatar

Harters

special member

grahamlthompson - 39 mins ago  » 

Mine does this. I think it's a smart fan starting and shutting down when it checks the cpu temperature.

One thing I like about the 4000 is the lack of a fan, can anyone say how loud/quiet the fan is and how often it cuts in?

I never liked the fan on my HDR (which I am pretty sure has stopped working now) and found it pretty irritating so I was a little perturbed when I heard the Aura had a fan.

| Thu 26 Nov 2020 17:37:16 #6 |
  7. grahamlthompson

grahamlthompson

special member

Harters - 18 mins ago  » 

One thing I like about the 4000 is the lack of a fan, can anyone say how loud/quiet the fan is and how often it cuts in?
    I never liked the fan on my HDR (which I am pretty sure has stopped working now) and found it pretty irritating so I was a little perturbed when I heard the Aura had a fan.

Can't be heard in normal operation . Both the fan and HDD are very quiet. I sit very close to mine (about 1 metre). It's in a kit rack opposite end of room to TV.

You can only hear the squeal in a silent room with a earhole right up to the box.

| Thu 26 Nov 2020 18:00:38 #7 |
  8. User has not uploaded an avatar

Harters

special member

grahamlthompson - 1 day ago  » 

Harters - 18 mins ago  » 

Can't be heard in normal operation . Both the fan and HDD are very quiet. I sit very close to mine (about 1 metre). It's in a kit rack opposite end of room to TV.
    You can only hear the squeal in a silent room with a earhole right up to the box.

Thanks Graham, that's reassuring

| Sat 28 Nov 2020 12:13:38 #8 |

RSS feed for this topic

You must log in to post.