My Humax Forum » Freeview HD » HDR FOX T2

Start looping

(10 posts)
  1. User has not uploaded an avatar

michael509

hi I switched my HDR-FOX T2 off from supply when I went away on holiday, when I cam back and switched it on all I get is Start System Cust FW 3.20 looping from start to finish, left it for a few hours and it just continues to loop. I cant even switch it it off, unless I do it from the main switch at the back.

Any help or suggestions would be helpful

| Fri 17 Aug 2018 18:02:55 #1 |
  2. User has not uploaded an avatar

fedman1

special member

Hi, and welcome to the forum.

I assume from the error message that you have installed the custom FW. Since it is booting to this point it seems unlikely to be the power supply that is at fault.

I'm not familiar with Custom FW, but it might be worth also posting on the Hummy.TV forum where you are likely to get help regarding this problem.

| Fri 17 Aug 2018 18:56:23 #2 |
  3. User has not uploaded an avatar

michael509

okay thanks i'll try that

| Sat 18 Aug 2018 8:07:34 #3 |
  4. grahamlthompson

grahamlthompson

special member

Try opening the box and disconnecting the Hard Drive power and data connections. Does the box now boot up and show live TV ?

| Sat 18 Aug 2018 9:34:15 #4 |
  5. User has not uploaded an avatar

michael509

grahamlthompson - 3 hours ago  » 
    Try opening the box and disconnecting the Hard Drive power and data connections. Does the box now boot up and show live TV ?

Yes I have just this minute done that and yes it does boot and show live tv. Also I plugged the Hard Drive back in and everything worked as normal, but when I powered off at the rear, it went back to the looping, so disconnected Hard Drive again, and then when machine was working connected the Hard Drive again. So at the moment it is working okay, just as long as I dont power it down from the Main switch at rear.

| Sat 18 Aug 2018 13:00:44 #5 |
  6. User has not uploaded an avatar

A1944

special member

I am not familiar with this box, but I wonder if perhaps there is a battery somewhere within it which maintains certain settings when power is disconnected. If there is, could it need replacing?

| Sat 18 Aug 2018 14:33:48 #6 |
  7. User has not uploaded an avatar

Martin Liddle

special member

A1944 - 46 minutes ago  » 
    I am not familiar with this box, but I wonder if perhaps there is a battery somewhere within it which maintains certain settings when power is disconnected.

Simply answer, no.

| Sat 18 Aug 2018 15:20:57 #7 |
  8. REPASSAC

REPASSAC

special member

The loop suggests the hard-disk is corrupt. I am not familiar with the custom firmware for this model but I think it includes a disk repair utility. read the documentation to see if can be invoked in your situation or not. If not a reformat is needed.

| Sat 18 Aug 2018 15:30:04 #8 |
  9. User has not uploaded an avatar

michael509

ok thanks for the replies

| Sat 18 Aug 2018 17:03:19 #9 |
  10. Trev

Trev

special member

As already suggested, pop over to Hummy.tv The T2 custom firmware experts are over there. There is loads of info on HDD 'resurrection'.
    But in the mean time, don't format the HDD.

| Sat 18 Aug 2018 19:31:39 #10 |

RSS feed for this topic

You must log in to post.