My Humax Forum » Freesat HD » HDR 1000, 1010, 1100S

Startup Display Wrong

(6 posts)
  1. User has not uploaded an avatar

Richchad

I bought a new Samsung TV a couple of weeks ago, I notice when I start up the Freesat 1000S that the annoying mini guide that you get initially is not displayed correctly.

It shows a much smaller guide to the left of the preview picture, when I exit guide, picture is normal, this doesn't happen every time but the only way to clear it is to turn off Freesat and restart it.

No changes are made to the TV so assume it is a problem with Freesat?

| Wed 11 Feb 2015 9:23:11 #1 |
  2. REPASSAC

REPASSAC

special member

Firstly check that your HDMI cable is well seated.
    The HDR-10x0S when booing uses a number of differing picture resolutions at different times. Switching does take some TV's one or two seconds and the TV could miss a change. I suggest you change the HDR-1000S picture setting to say output 1080P rather than auto.

| Wed 11 Feb 2015 13:03:30 #2 |
  3. User has not uploaded an avatar

Richchad

Thanks for your input Repassac, I looked at the picture settings on my HDR-1000S, couldn't see any auto so set it to 1080P anyway.

There was other resolution settings such as 1080i, not sure what difference is between 1080i & 1080P?

Will see over the few days if the problem happens again.

Thanks.

| Wed 11 Feb 2015 16:05:10 #3 |
  4. REPASSAC

REPASSAC

special member

I remembered the setting in display format rather than those for resolution.

The boot splash screen is always at a low-resolution. Then during boot it should switch to the picture setting resolution.
    1080p (progressive) is normally preferable to 1080i (interlaced) and can be handled by most TV models from the last few years. Your TV can usually also upscale an 1080I pictures (which is the best currently broadcast) to 1080p.

What is best is generally down to a comparison between the Humax and TV upscalers. Most people cannot tell the difference which might be noticed during very fast action.

What do you have set on display format?

| Wed 11 Feb 2015 17:14:00 #4 |
  5. User has not uploaded an avatar

Richchad

Okay, looked at Display Format and it is set to Auto.

However the other options are Anamorphic, 14:9 Pillerbox, 4:3 Pillerbox & Centre Cut Out, all of which mean nothing to me.

| Wed 11 Feb 2015 18:01:19 #5 |
  6. REPASSAC

REPASSAC

special member

Richchad - 1 hour ago  » 
    Okay, looked at Display Format and it is set to Auto.
    However the other options are Anamorphic, 14:9 Pillerbox, 4:3 Pillerbox & Centre Cut Out, all of which mean nothing to me.

Auto uses broadcast data and it should be best. Anamorphic means stretch to screen if necessary from memory (Gives full 16:9 screens on 4:3 ratio broadcasts, with stretched images). The screen ratio must be set to agree with your TV or all other settings will be wrong.

| Wed 11 Feb 2015 19:13:05 #6 |

RSS feed for this topic

You must log in to post.