My Humax Forum » Freesat HD » HDR 1000, 1010, 1100S

Still getting recording conflicts

(22 posts)
  1. Trev

Trev

special member

They probably think that the average user does not have sufficient nous to understand the intricacies of the techniques used to get the signals to your box. This is also true of terrestrial DTV as well, but not quite as complex because there are fewer multiplexes (transponders in sat speak) to chose from.

| Fri 28 Dec 2018 10:45:55 #11 |
  2. REPASSAC

REPASSAC

special member

Trev - 21 minutes ago  » 
    They probably think that the average user does not have sufficient nous to understand the intricacies of the techniques used to get the signals to your box. This is also true of terrestrial DTV as well, but not quite as complex because there are fewer multiplexes (transponders in sat speak) to chose from.

They are probably correct.

| Fri 28 Dec 2018 11:08:57 #12 |
  3. grahamlthompson

grahamlthompson

special member

Irene.h - 12 hours ago  » 
    Thanks......looks like I cannot record regional channels (STV) if I want to record two programmes together and watch another........ so record two BBC channels and watch STV looks like a fix.
    You have been a great help Graham, thanks for your patience.......it’s a pity this was not explained in the SetUp info

#

It's a tad complex and I guess would cause great difficulties for customer support. A sky-HD box can't record one and watch another at all. Unfortunately unlike the BBC ITV and STV don't give you all the regional channels in the epg with higher numbers. The much older Foxsat-HDR together with the Custom Firmware allows you to unhide the commercial regional channels so they appear in the epg.

If you have A PC running Microsoft Office download the Excel application linked to above. This has a GUI built in that will tell you how to view a 3rd channel while recording two by switching to a different channel. See image

You could perhaps consider changing the postcode to a English borders, one.

As you say recording 103 as one choice and the other from the BBC-HD variants is likely the easiest way,

As you might guess it's even more complicated if you only have one cable which can be used to feed both tuners.

Attachments

1. Capture.JPG (92.5 KB, 3 downloads) 5 years old
    | Fri 28 Dec 2018 11:39:22 #13 |
  4. grahamlthompson

grahamlthompson

special member

Hint - You can actually record the 3rd viewed channel if it's viewed from the beginning using the time shift buffer. You can use a reminder to switch to the channel.

These are on the same transponder as your STV SD regional variant on 103.

115 ITV3 10906
    116 ITV3+1 10906
    731 talkSPORT 10906

Try setting a recording on 103 and a second on one of the alternative BBC 1 HD regions. Now add a watch reservation on 105.

When the programme you have reserved on 115 starts the box should switch to that channel despite the recordings. When any one of the two recordings finishes. Press the instant recording button.

Check the recordings list you should find a recording of 115 in progress which you can watch from the beginning using chasing playback.

| Fri 28 Dec 2018 12:05:45 #14 |
  5. grahamlthompson

grahamlthompson

special member

Trev - 1 hour ago  » 

The fact that you can easily add multiple tuners to a single feed from an aerial makes a very big difference The aerial unlike a lnb is a passive device so needs no band or polarisation switching by a connected tuner.

Eg FVP-4000/5000T 3 tuners recording up to 4 at once subject to Multiplex

| Fri 28 Dec 2018 12:11:11 #15 |
  6. User has not uploaded an avatar

Irene.h

So now I have established that I can record ch 972@949 simultaneously......949 is BBC 2...... when I set a programme to record a BBC 2 channel will it record ch 102 (BBC2) or ch 949 as I think I have had this issue before

| Sat 29 Dec 2018 11:50:46 #16 |
  7. grahamlthompson

grahamlthompson

special member

Irene.h - 6 hours ago  » 
    So now I have established that I can record ch 972@949 simultaneously......949 is BBC 2...... when I set a programme to record a BBC 2 channel will it record ch 102 (BBC2) or ch 949 as I think I have had this issue before

949 and 102 are the same channel. It just has two entries in the epg with a different logical channel number.

The postcode you use puts the channel at 102. Whatever post code you use everyone has 949. You can move the high numbered BBC channels to a lower number if you want say a different BBC 1 variant from that your postcode sets up using customise channels.

| Sat 29 Dec 2018 18:46:04 #17 |
  8. User has not uploaded an avatar

Irene.h

Hi again Graham......still having problems. Set to record Holly on BBC1 and watching BBC 2. When Holby started there was a Programme Conflict so we had to cancel the recording...... later checked Planned recordings and Holby was checked to record on 976.....973.....960 as well as 101. The next timed recording Silent Witness was also checked to record the same channels.........any ideas ( Aberdeenshire PC)

| Tue 15 Jan 2019 22:28:01 #18 |
  9. grahamlthompson

grahamlthompson

special member

Irene.h - 49 minutes ago  » 
    Hi again Graham......still having problems. Set to record Holly on BBC1 and watching BBC 2. When Holby started there was a Programme Conflict so we had to cancel the recording...... later checked Planned recordings and Holby was checked to record on 976.....973.....960 as well as 101. The next timed recording Silent Witness was also checked to record the same channels.........any ideas ( Aberdeenshire PC)

Classic screw up by the broadcaster or a different episode Shown in Wales and Scotland ?

which channel did you set the recording from 101 or 973. If 101 were you offered HD and SD? Did you elect to record HD.

Try deleting 976 BBC Wales-HD from your epg, It's likely generating a recording from 973 BBC Scotland HD generated a second different episode fro same series on 976 BBC 1 Wales-HD.

After the event the crids are lost. Before the event the crid's are available and looking at the recording schedule at duplicates and looking at the programme info should show which episode was scheduled on 976 and 973. If different there is your explanation. The solution is down to the BBC (use a different series crid for BBC Wales HD and BBC1 Scotland HD, Deleting 976 will remove the 2nd recording when scheduling from BBC Scotland HD

| Tue 15 Jan 2019 23:35:54 #19 |
  10. User has not uploaded an avatar

Irene.h

Hi Graham........ I can record ch 972 BBC 1 and ch 949 BBC2 and watch another programme however, If I set to record ch 101 and 102 I get a conflict don’t know why. How can I allocate ch 973 to 101 and
    949 to 102 as the current process seems quite illogical to me

| Wed 16 Jan 2019 14:59:03 #20 |

RSS feed for this topic

Reply »

You must log in to post.