My Humax Forum » Freesat HD » HDR 1000, 1010, 1100S

Stop tv guide on startup

(10 posts)
  1. User has not uploaded an avatar

Seeingthelight

I have the Humax 1100s and wondered if there was a way of stopping the tv guide from coming on as soon as you turn the Humax box on.

| Thu 16 Jun 2016 15:28:08 #1 |
  2. Barry

Barry

senior admin

Welcome to our Forum

I'm afraid not, but a quick press of the exit key will dismiss the home page.

| Thu 16 Jun 2016 15:54:12 #2 |
  3. grahamlthompson

grahamlthompson

special member

If you have a logitech harmony remote and you programme a exit at the end of any activity that uses the freetime box it gets rid for you.

| Thu 16 Jun 2016 15:56:45 #3 |
  4. User has not uploaded an avatar

Seeingthelight

I am using a logitech harmony remote with the Humax box so will have a try doing thanks. Thanks for the reply's, it doesn't bother me but it drives my wife mad

| Thu 16 Jun 2016 16:00:05 #4 |
  5. User has not uploaded an avatar

Seeingthelight

Nope tried to program the Harmony remote to exit the guide and the guide still comes up on the screen

| Thu 16 Jun 2016 17:04:05 #5 |
  6. User has not uploaded an avatar

Pollensa1946

special member

grahamlthompson - 1 hour ago  » ...programme a exit at the end of any activity that uses the freetime box....

Not sure what Graham means here but my experience is that the box is not responsive to R/C commands until the mini-guide is fully populated with channel info. So if you're simply programming an exit after power-on from s/by then it will not work.

| Thu 16 Jun 2016 17:26:02 #6 |
  7. User has not uploaded an avatar

Seeingthelight

So there is no work around for this then? I was trying to program an exit after the power on, I even programed a channel change and that didn't work either.

| Thu 16 Jun 2016 17:30:18 #7 |
  8. grahamlthompson

grahamlthompson

special member

Seeingthelight - 1 minute ago  » 
    So there is no work around for this then? I was trying to program an exit after the power on, I even programed a channel change and that didn't work either.

In the device setup options extend the time the box takes to respond to the boot command. On mine it sometimes takes a few seconds to remove the home screen on other occasions it disappears almost immediately before the epg populates.

| Thu 16 Jun 2016 17:34:00 #8 |
  9. grahamlthompson

grahamlthompson

special member

Pollensa1946 - 8 minutes ago  » 

grahamlthompson - 1 hour ago  » ...programme a exit at the end of any activity that uses the freetime box....

Not sure what Graham means here but my experience is that the box is not responsive to R/C commands until the mini-guide is fully populated with channel info. So if you're simply programming an exit after power-on from s/by then it will not work.

Mine often disappears before the home screen epg is populated. Seems to depend on how long the boot takes.

On the odd time the exit is ignored. It works most times though.

| Thu 16 Jun 2016 17:34:58 #9 |
  10. grahamlthompson

grahamlthompson

special member

Cold boot this morning. Home screen appeared for less than one second, no epg population and then disappeared. So box must respond to exit before programme info populated. HDR1000S power on delay set to 40 seconds. My Panasonic TV delay set to 5 seconds. Watch HDR1000S activity shown in attached image.

Now - If only Freesat would sort out the ridiculous ordering of episodes in a series folder

All it would take is a simple time date recorded sort, they could then simply ignore the inconsistant broadcaster episode number info.

Do they ever record more than a single episode ?

Attachments

1. WatchHDR1000S.jpg (127.4 KB, 21 downloads) 7 years old
    | Fri 17 Jun 2016 10:24:51 #10 |

RSS feed for this topic

You must log in to post.