My Humax Forum » Freesat HD » HB 1000S, 1100S

Stopped responding

(5 posts)
  1. vinnypowell

vinnypowell

Any idea how I can reset the box without the remote? It has stopped responding to remote commands, tried switching off for several minutes, can't even get the box to switch on off from the front button....faulty unit? Any others had this problem?

| Tue 11 Feb 2014 23:59:46 #1 |
  2. Barry

Barry

senior admin

If you cannot even get it to switch on with front button, then you are out of options I suspect. Faulty unit of power supply.

Return to retailer for exchange or contact Humax support.

| Wed 12 Feb 2014 0:24:04 #2 |
  3. vinnypowell

vinnypowell

Left it switched off for a few hours and then was able to reset...remote and everything working perfectly. Got home this evening and stuck again. After 5 or 6 presses on the remote the thing just hangs. Reset once more and will keep and eye on it. The power supply seems fine, it just seems to hang!

| Wed 12 Feb 2014 18:20:13 #3 |
  4. vinnypowell

vinnypowell

I think I have found the cause so thought I would share. I have been using the receiver with a brand new 1TB (USB powered only) Lacie drive. After resetting the receiver and replacing with a powered external drive, all the problems "seem" to have disappeared. I scanned the Lacie drive and got no errors, but when copying the recordings over to the new drive I did get some read errors, so perhaps this was the issue?

| Fri 14 Feb 2014 9:17:19 #4 |
  5. Barry

Barry

senior admin

Thanks for the update.

I did use a 1TB WD Passport usb powered for a while, before switching to powered 3TB for long term testing, and that caused no problem.

| Fri 14 Feb 2014 11:14:06 #5 |

RSS feed for this topic

You must log in to post.