My Humax Forum » Freesat HD » HDR 1000, 1010, 1100S

Stops whilst watching recording

(5 posts)
  1. User has not uploaded an avatar

annirooni

A few times lately whilst I've been watching something that I've recorded the screen goes black. Tonight I left it to see what happened and it went back to programme screen. I then went back to recording to watch the remainder.
    Any idea why this is happening?
    Cheers

| Sun 5 Mar 2017 21:14:25 #1 |
  2. grahamlthompson

grahamlthompson

special member

No idea but it has happened to me a few times as well.

Basically it's so infrequent and without being able to replicate the conditions it's going to be very hard to track down the exact conditions that cause the issue. Basically too many variables eg (Channel watched and recording schedule), and as nothing is actually lost it's not exactly a deal breaker.

Thank's for posting, happy I am not alone

| Sun 5 Mar 2017 22:13:45 #2 |
  3. davidrew

davidrew

special member

You are definitely not alone it happens to us also on our 1000S about once a week. As Graham says there are many variables but it does usually happen when there is another recording in progress.

We have come to the conclusion just to leave it to sort itself out and then find and continue the program from recordings as it usually remembers where it was.

It can be pretty frustrating though when it happens in the middle of some tense police drama or film and we are surprised that all the diagnostic data the box is supposed to gather can't narrow this down for a fix.

| Mon 6 Mar 2017 10:11:27 #3 |
  4. User has not uploaded an avatar

annirooni

Just glad it's not me ha......... You may have a point about it happening when recording whilst watching something that has been recorded:) Thanks guys.

| Mon 6 Mar 2017 16:20:39 #4 |
  5. grahamlthompson

grahamlthompson

special member

If it happens again I will post what was recording etc.

| Mon 6 Mar 2017 16:22:32 #5 |

RSS feed for this topic

You must log in to post.