My Humax Forum » Freesat HD » HDR 1000, 1010, 1100S

Strange No Signal problem only on freesat tuning

(5 posts)
  1. User has not uploaded an avatar

jmnoates

Yesterday whilst going through some of the channels I noticed that some were missing. Everything else seemed okay the remaining channels seemed fine so I went to retune the hdr-1000s box. When I tried to retune, it said there was no signal. I've now ended up with no freesat channels as it wipes them when you start retuning. However, if I go into settings, system info, signal info... It shows both tuners with good strength and good quality. I have also discovered that if I switch out of freesat mode into STB I can tune in all the freesat channels but because they're not within normal freesat I can't pause, record, any of them
    I've tried a factory reset and rolling the software back to an earlier version but nothing solves the problem. Does anyone have a clue how to solve this and tune the freesat channels?

| Thu 10 Jun 2021 14:49:48 #1 |
  2. REPASSAC

REPASSAC

special member

I suspect that you have lost horizonal polarized channels. The no signal in freesat mode is due to it cannot lock on to the freesat transponder on 11428 H 27500 2/3. Try and find that frequency in non freesat mode.

You can also see if you can receive the H channels of this list:
    https://en.kingofsat.net/freqs.php?&b=288&sat=159&standard=All&ordre=freq&filtre=Clear

| Thu 10 Jun 2021 15:02:46 #2 |
  3. User has not uploaded an avatar

jmnoates

Thanks for the quick reply. Yes as you suspected its all the Horizontal Pol channels that I'm unable to receive. Is it likely to be the box or the LNB? The LNB is a sky quad LNB. I've tried transferring the cables across to the two unused terminals but it's made no difference. Any thoughts?

| Thu 10 Jun 2021 18:17:42 #3 |
  4. grahamlthompson

grahamlthompson

special member

jmnoates - 2 hours ago  » 
    Thanks for the quick reply. Yes as you suspected its all the Horizontal Pol channels that I'm unable to receive. Is it likely to be the box or the LNB? The LNB is a sky quad LNB. I've tried transferring the cables across to the two unused terminals but it's made no difference. Any thoughts?

LNB is the best guess. Unless you find signs of moisture in the cables. This can knock out some frequencies.

If there is you need to change the cabling an , if it gets into your box it could be bricked and the new cabling needs waterproofing properly.

| Thu 10 Jun 2021 20:43:29 #4 |
  5. User has not uploaded an avatar

jmnoates

Big thank you to REPASSAC and grahamlthompson for their help. I ordered a new LNB last night fitted it today and everything is back to normal..

| Fri 11 Jun 2021 14:01:16 #5 |

RSS feed for this topic

You must log in to post.