My Humax Forum » Freesat HD » HDR 1000, 1010, 1100S

Streaming to hdr1010

(4 posts)
  1. User has not uploaded an avatar

Shaz

Hi, Hope someone can help, I am trying to stream from my laptop to the humax box, I have got as far as being able to see my laptop in the media share section, but the screen is showing "No items" what should I do next?
    Thanks
    sharon

| Sat 13 Dec 2014 20:01:09 #1 |
  2. REPASSAC

REPASSAC

special member

Shaz - 12 hours ago  » 
    Hi, Hope someone can help, I am trying to stream from my laptop to the humax box, I have got as far as being able to see my laptop in the media share section, but the screen is showing "No items" what should I do next?
    Thanks
    sharon

You can play content on your laptop using a DLNA server (Such as Windows Media Player (12)). Windows sharing / security settings need to be correct but if you can see the server then I think they should be.
    The content must be in the relevant WMP folders, MPEG2 and MP4 content work well, the client may be picky about content in some containers.

| Sun 14 Dec 2014 8:44:06 #2 |
  3. User has not uploaded an avatar

Rocksta

I use Universal Media Server to stream from a Windows 7 Pc. It's free and simple.

| Sat 20 Dec 2014 22:12:42 #3 |
  4. grahamlthompson

grahamlthompson

special member

Rocksta - 2 hours ago  » 
    I use Universal Media Server to stream from a Windows 7 Pc. It's free and simple.

Thanks for the link. Looks interesting. Will have a play with it and post how I get on.

| Sun 21 Dec 2014 0:16:05 #4 |

RSS feed for this topic

You must log in to post.