My Humax Forum » Miscellaneous » Broadcast, Internet, Media

Strictly audio Saturday

(33 posts)
  1. User has not uploaded an avatar

Reffub

special member

We'll leave it there then, hasn't been a complete waste of time, at least you've learned a little about audio mixing.

| Wed 25 Oct 2017 17:54:38 #31 |
  2. grahamlthompson

grahamlthompson

special member

Reffub - 10 minutes ago  » 
    We'll leave it there then, hasn't been a complete waste of time, at least you've learned a little about audio mixing.

I don't believe I learnt a thing.

I have asked the bbc this question.

I see the 2017 main show is no longer transmitted in Dolby Digital 5.1 rather in Dolby Digital 2.0. A friend insists that the new series is lacking in bass compared to the previous years 5.1 content. We both have decent 5.1 setups. To me the bass sounds similar but lacks the impact you get from the rear channels. Who is right ?

| Wed 25 Oct 2017 18:06:36 #32 |
  3. User has not uploaded an avatar

Reffub

special member

grahamlthompson - 38 minutes ago  » 

Reffub - 10 minutes ago  » 

I don't believe I learnt a thing.
    I have asked the bbc this question.

I see the 2017 main show is no longer transmitted in Dolby Digital 5.1 rather in Dolby Digital 2.0. A friend insists that the new series is lacking in bass compared to the previous years 5.1 content. We both have decent 5.1 setups. To me the bass sounds similar but lacks the impact you get from the rear channels. Who is right ?

Nicely worded question, I suppose there is a slim possibility it will be answered by someone knowledgeable and slim possibility that they will be willing to dis their own audio.

| Wed 25 Oct 2017 18:45:53 #33 |

RSS feed for this topic

You must log in to post.