My Humax Forum » Freeview HD » HDR FOX T2

Stuck in deleting mode

(8 posts)
  1. User has not uploaded an avatar

calladrum

Hi

I have read a few posts on here about the same problem I am experiencing - deleting symbol permanently showing and no recordings taking place but I can still view files already recorded - but they seem very outdated. Anyone have the latest advice to help get me back on track? Happy to get update on USB if someone can point me to the right version.

Here are my settings

Model- HDR-FOX T2
    Software version - FHTCP 1.03.12
    Loader version - a7.33
    System ID 80BC.7E00
    Update date - 7 Feb 2014
    MICOM version - 9.3
    MAC address - 08.EB 74 22 2C B7

Thanks

Jennifer

| Tue 13 Dec 2016 20:35:40 #1 |
  2. Barry

Barry

senior admin

Welcome to our Forum

The first thing to try would be to downgrade software to version 1.01.09 from the link below, boot box after update.

Instructions for updating are included in the zipped download files.

http://beta.humaxonline.co.uk/freeview-hd-t2

Then upload the latest version again from:

http://uk.humaxdigital.com/support/?product_id=2641&curr_page=sw_release

If that fails to fix the problem, then update us and I'm sure one of our members will then provide details on trying the custom software.

| Tue 13 Dec 2016 21:13:07 #2 |
  3. User has not uploaded an avatar

calladrum

Hi Barry

Thanks! Will get on the case when I get a chance and will report back!

Jennifer

| Tue 13 Dec 2016 21:45:38 #3 |
  4. grahamlthompson

grahamlthompson

special member

See this post and then click on the footnote re the custom firmware.

https://hummy.tv/forum/threads/things-every-hd-fox-t2-hdr-fox-t2-owner-should-know.1858/#post-28598

Note restoring the up to date firmware will restart the deletes requiring a disk format to fix, so copy all recordings off the box before restoring the newer firmware.

| Tue 13 Dec 2016 22:13:21 #4 |
  5. User has not uploaded an avatar

Martin Liddle

special member

I would suggest reading this FAQ post on this site https://myhumax.org/forum/topic/how-to-fix-hard-drive-and-file-system-problems (Note the instructions are slightly out of date and the current recommended version would be HDR_FOX_T2_1.03.12_mod_3.10.zip (could a mod update the FAQ please)). The reason this is a better approach than the installing older firmware suggested by Barry is that the delete problem is also often accompanied by minor corruption to the file system and the older firmware will not correct that problem.

Admin Edit: FAQ updated as requested.

| Tue 13 Dec 2016 22:28:28 #5 |
  6. User has not uploaded an avatar

calladrum

Hello again

In preparation for us trying the suggested updates to break it out of the deleting mode, We have tried to copy all our recordings on to an external drive (1TB with its own power source, connected by USB) and can't get it recognised. The data storage option is greyed out in settings. Don't want to risk losing all our recordings when updating the firmware by reverting to an old version then updating etc. Or would our recordings be safe no matter what?

Thinking of just buying a new box! Saw that the latest boxes being sold in John Lewis weren't getting great reviews though!

Jennifer

| Wed 21 Dec 2016 22:40:21 #6 |
  7. User has not uploaded an avatar

Luke

special member

calladrum - 1 hour ago  » 
    We have tried to copy all our recordings on to an external drive (1TB with its own power source, connected by USB) and can't get it recognised.

This has been reported before. Normal reason for that is that the drive is not formatted as per the manual for copying.

NTFS is a common format which the manual states that it will not copy to.

Is your drive formatted to one of the formats the user guide states is OK for copying to?

I use FAT32 and EXT3 fine.

| Thu 22 Dec 2016 0:45:16 #7 |
  8. MontysEvilTwin

MontysEvilTwin

special member

There are no guarantees, but I have never known a firmware update cause the loss of recordings on this model. I would install the custom firmware, then run fixdisk from maintenance mode, and select the option to fix the delete loop. Use the latest custom firmware (version 3.10). There are variants available based on versions 1.02.20, 1.02.32 and 1.03.12 of the official firmware. There are specific reasons you may want 1.02.20 (better audio description), 1.02.32 (quick guide navigation), or 1.03.12 (working portal with iPlayer). If you are on 1.03.12, which you probably are (this is the latest version and has been distributed over the air in the past) then stick to that one.
    As said in an above post, the custom firmware will provide the best fix for this fault. The firmware downgrade/ upgrade method does not always work: the delete loop may return when you install the newer firmware again.

| Thu 22 Dec 2016 13:46:39 #8 |

RSS feed for this topic

You must log in to post.