My Humax Forum » Freeview HD » HDR FOX T2

stuck on delete

(8 posts)
  1. User has not uploaded an avatar

carkedit

I have a HDR fox t2 which was rapidly flicking between a snow picture, a pink picture and then the normal picture but when I switched to a scart lead it just had the normal picture, so I figured the HDMI cable was stuffed. The next day the picture was fine via the HDMI. Now the box is stuck on 'deleting' when I access the media and so won't record anything..help..

| Sat 23 Jul 2011 9:45:54 #1 |
  2. Barry

Barry

senior admin

Welcome to the Forum

Hard to suggest anything other then switch the power off/on.

Did you select delete yourself, and if so are they large files or did you select a number to delete, as this might take sometime.

| Sat 23 Jul 2011 11:13:10 #2 |
  3. User has not uploaded an avatar

brianmt

I had this problem and what i found it to be was I had been on a network connection. As you do I thought " wonder if I can delete items on my pc" so i selected an item and hit delete. Of course it doesn't work but it does put the box into a loop. No amount of switching off will stop it, as the Hummy remembers what you last selected, however selecting storage>hdd meant I broke the network loop. Switching off for 10 mins cured it. So check if you're on network or HDD

| Sun 24 Jul 2011 11:54:49 #3 |
  4. User has not uploaded an avatar

carkedit

Thanks for the replies..

I did try the on/off and at one point had it off for an hour but that didn't help. I don't think I selected anything big to delete but its been 4 days now so it should have deleted anything it needed to by now.

I haven't actually set up anything to the hummy yet like internet etc as only had it about a month, but I did check HDD/network and its on HDD.

Its strange as it was literally working one day and not the next..looks like its going back

| Mon 25 Jul 2011 22:10:32 #4 |
  5. Barry

Barry

senior admin

carkedit - 10 hours ago  » 
    Its strange as it was literally working one day and not the next..looks like its going back

This is a strange one, not sure I have seen any other reports. Options:

1. You could try a software reload to see if that will give you control back.

2. Contact Humax Support, if they cannot suggest anything, they can arrange a swap out for you.

| Tue 26 Jul 2011 8:31:41 #5 |
  6. User has not uploaded an avatar

Martin Liddle

special member

Barry - 1 hour ago  » 
    This is a strange one, not sure I have seen any other reports.

There has been at least one other identical report some weeks ago and I think the box was replaced by Humax.

| Tue 26 Jul 2011 9:49:02 #6 |
  7. brian

brian

special member

I seem to remember reading about a similar problem some time ago, but this was with a 1TB box. Reverting to an earlier pre-background delete software version stopped the problem, but I'm not sure if the problem returned when the latest software was re-applied.

| Tue 26 Jul 2011 10:01:01 #7 |
  8. Barry

Barry

senior admin

Martin Liddle - 11 minutes ago  » 

Barry - 1 hour ago  » 
    This is a strange one, not sure I have seen any other reports.

There has been at least one other identical report some weeks ago and I think the box was replaced by Humax.

Must have missed it, mind you I do not follow other places as closely as I used to....full of ill informed nonsense/rant and some of the moderating decisions are

| Tue 26 Jul 2011 10:03:29 #8 |

RSS feed for this topic

You must log in to post.