My Humax Forum » Freesat HD » HDR 1000, 1010, 1100S

Stuck on installation wizard

(14 posts)
  1. User has not uploaded an avatar

Lissie

Got new humax 1000s from amazon today, it is stuck on installation wizard and won't go any further !!
    We are on a barge in France and it will be very difficult to return please help I'm not very good at this stuff!

| Sat 24 Aug 2013 17:36:36 #1 |
  2. REPASSAC

REPASSAC

special member

Where in France? What size dish? Is the dish correctly aligned?

| Sun 25 Aug 2013 7:56:33 #2 |
  3. User has not uploaded an avatar

Lissie

We are in the Jura , at Dole at the moment. We have a French rectangular dish with two ANBs. This dish works with our old cheap box, we have good reception with that but it is temperamental so we thought we'd have a decent box! We are not connected to the Internet but that shouldn't stop it working, just limits the things we can
    Do with it. It won't go past saying installation wizard on the box. We get a quick flash screen saying freesat and humax then just a fuzzy screen.

| Sun 25 Aug 2013 8:58:49 #3 |
  4. launton

launton

Id be tempted to ask a kind person to let you plug it into their static satellite feed and go through the initial setup to check if there's a fault with the box. At least then it'll be tuned in and should boot to a channel at switch-on. Not ideal but...

| Sun 25 Aug 2013 11:01:05 #4 |
  5. REPASSAC

REPASSAC

special member

Fuzzy screen? How is the TV connected, HMDI or SCART?
    When you say it works with your old box you mean for UK freesat?

One frequency is key for the installation 11428 H (This is the freesat transponder and also carries Fashion one Europe) However I would not expect a fuzzy screen. What television do you have?.

If you are connected via HDMI then, for the install only, can I suggest you try SCART.

| Sun 25 Aug 2013 11:03:23 #5 |
  6. User has not uploaded an avatar

Lissie

We are connected with scart. Yes our old box is receiving UK Freesat perfectly well, we know we are on the right satellite etc but the Humax box just says "installation wizard" and will go no further.....

| Sun 25 Aug 2013 11:09:16 #6 |
  7. User has not uploaded an avatar

Lissie

Our TV is LG flat screen 32" not good with technical stuff what do you mean about the transponder and how do I do this? (in ladybird language please!!!)

| Sun 25 Aug 2013 11:14:02 #7 |
  8. -gonzo-

-gonzo-

special member

Have you selected the correct AV source on your TV? Press the AV button on the remote.

| Sun 25 Aug 2013 11:20:04 #8 |
  9. User has not uploaded an avatar

Lissie

It hasn't made any difference!

| Sun 25 Aug 2013 11:31:30 #9 |
  10. REPASSAC

REPASSAC

special member

Transponder (Wikipedia)
    What signal quality level does your old box show for channel 407?

There are actually several satellites - one at a very slightly different position to the others, which is the one with the freesat transponder.

Gonzo - Good idea - the TV might have switched back to the internal tuner. Use the source or AV key on the TV's remote.

| Sun 25 Aug 2013 11:35:42 #10 |

RSS feed for this topic

Reply »

You must log in to post.