My Humax Forum » Freesat HD » HDR 1000, 1010, 1100S

Stuck on New Installation Wizard

(4 posts)
  1. User has not uploaded an avatar

Plassoy

Hi,

I've been having a few problems with my HDR-1000S. Over the summer I lost a whole bunch of channels (no signal received errors). Nothing worked, except doing a full factory reset (re-scan didn't fix it for some reason). However, when it happened again last night, I tried doing a factory reset again, but this time my box won't go any further than the initial welcome screen at the beginning and pressing OK with "Next" highlighted does nothing.

I know the remote still works, as I tried it with fresh batteries and the volume and power buttons still function.

I suppose the question is, can the box be reset by an alternative method to going through the settings menu? ie through a maintenance mode or other key combination? Or perhaps there's an internal battery I can disconnect in order to reset?

Thanks for any help you can offer!

| Wed 4 Nov 2015 22:51:20 #1 |
  2. REPASSAC

REPASSAC

special member

The reset function looks for the freesat transponder to access the postcode database and if this frequency cannot be received then you are a little stuck.

It should however be possible to exit setup and do a non freesat scan.

It does sound like you have a reception problem, possibly a failing LNB or misaligned dish. Are you in the UK?

| Thu 5 Nov 2015 8:43:00 #2 |
  3. User has not uploaded an avatar

Plassoy

Hi Repassac,

Yes, I'm in the UK.

It possibly is my dish, but what was odd was that I lost a couple of channels a day over the space of about 3 days before I reset the first time. When I did, all the channels came back straight away, so not convinced it's the dish or LNB.

At any rate, regardless of the dish, I'm still stuck in the Installation Wizard. So even if I got the dish replaced, I'm still stuck with a frozen receiver.

I should add that I did try forcing a manual update using a USB stick, which was successful, but still unable to get past that first screen.

| Thu 5 Nov 2015 11:14:10 #3 |
  4. grahamlthompson

grahamlthompson

special member

Plassoy - 10 minutes ago  » 
    Hi Repassac,
    Yes, I'm in the UK.
    It possibly is my dish, but what was odd was that I lost a couple of channels a day over the space of about 3 days before I reset the first time. When I did, all the channels came back straight away, so not convinced it's the dish or LNB.
    At any rate, regardless of the dish, I'm still stuck in the Installation Wizard. So even if I got the dish replaced, I'm still stuck with a frozen receiver.
    I should add that I did try forcing a manual update using a USB stick, which was successful, but still unable to get past that first screen.

You are stuck in the Installation Wizard because as Repassac says you can't receive the Freesat home transponder. The box downloads a postcode database from the home transponder, if it can't it hangs at this point. Your symptoms may well be water in the coax cables. It's possible for water to track down the cables and get into your box. I would check for any sign of damp at the box end.
    If you can get into manual tune check transponder 11427 H (could be 11428 H) for signal strength and quality.

If you have any friends with a dish (box type doesn't matter), try setting it up there.

| Thu 5 Nov 2015 11:29:57 #4 |

RSS feed for this topic

You must log in to post.