My Humax Forum » Freeview HD » Aura UHD

Stupid rebooting

(6 posts)
  1. User has not uploaded an avatar

Misterhumax

Sick of half the time I turn the box on from standby, it immediately turns back off or does a slow standby where it doesn't really work for the first minute or two properly. It's definitely not once a week.
    Wish it would do this when in standby mode or give me the option to configure it...

But that's just how it is, my question is, if I disable internet access to the box will it stop this? And, will it still work... I only use it for TV recording none of the smart stuff, not sure if the EPC relies on internet.

| Thu 22 Jun 2023 13:25:28 #1 |
  2. User has not uploaded an avatar

Martin Liddle

special member

Misterhumax - 3 hours ago  » 
    Sick of half the time I turn the box on from standby, it immediately turns back off or does a slow standby where it doesn't really work for the first minute or two properly.

I believe it is supposed to be every 4 days.

But that's just how it is, my question is, if I disable internet access to the box will it stop this? And, will it still work... I only use it for TV recording none of the smart stuff, not sure if the EPC relies on internet.

I think the only way to find out is to turn off Internet access and see what happens. The backward EPG comes, I think, from the Internet but the normal forward EPG will be delivered from the broadcast stream although some elements probably come over the Internet. Please let us know what you find.

| Thu 22 Jun 2023 16:48:59 #2 |
  3. User has not uploaded an avatar

Misterhumax

That makes sense on the EPG. I'll give it a go although I'm not optimistic, it's such a kludge and implemented in an extra kludgey way. Still tempted to put the thing on a smart-plug with a scheduled power cycle at 4am every day, but I'm not sure it wouldn't still do the automatic reboot when it wants to.

| Thu 22 Jun 2023 16:52:44 #3 |
  4. User has not uploaded an avatar

Harters

special member

When I was getting numerous daily reboots over a year ago, I did a reset and it hasn’t rebooted since.

I guess it must be doing it scheduled reboots, but I have not witnessed it yet.

Maybe worth a try.

| Thu 22 Jun 2023 18:05:43 #4 |
  5. User has not uploaded an avatar

james_uk

special member

My box never used to do this, but in the last month or so, when I turn mine on nearly every morning now, it goes through the initial starting up, then the picture will come on, then a few seconds later the screen goes black with what looks like the restart icon in the centre of the screen.

That icon thats like a circular arrow, I think?

Then a few seconds later the picture comes back, but then mine does it then again, sometimes upto 4/5 times then eventually just stays on ok.

James

| Tue 27 Jun 2023 10:11:32 #5 |
  6. Geoff_W

Geoff_W

special member

james_uk - 5 hours ago  » 
    My box never used to do this, but in the last month or so, when I turn mine on nearly every morning now, it goes through the initial starting up, then the picture will come on, then a few seconds later the screen goes black with what looks like the restart icon in the centre of the screen.
    That icon thats like a circular arrow, I think?
    Then a few seconds later the picture comes back, but then mine does it then again, sometimes upto 4/5 times then eventually just stays on ok.
    James

I think when it does that, it's trying to establish a connection with the TV. Sometimes it fails completely and decides the TV isn't compatible (HDCP failure).

| Tue 27 Jun 2023 16:01:49 #6 |

RSS feed for this topic

You must log in to post.