My Humax Forum » Freesat HD » HB 1000S, 1100S

Stuttering Audio

(3 posts)
  1. User has not uploaded an avatar

liffy99

I am suffering stuttering audio when playing back from my 1100s via optical audio output. It has been working fine for several years until lately. It happens on all terrestrial channels via Freesat ( strange but it seems even worse watch8ng the World Cup) and when playing back recordings made long before the stuttering started.
    I have tried different optical cables, switched optical inputs on my amp ( audio is routed through my stereo) and played audio, via optical, from a Playstation which is fine. So that seems to rule out issues with cables or my amp.
    I have tried a factory reset, unplugging and 0lugg8ng in again to no avail. Software is up to date.
    The video side of things is fine and signal strength and quality are both Good in the Humax settings.
    Any ideas ?

| Wed 30 Nov 2022 18:25:32 #1 |
  2. User has not uploaded an avatar

jdlfreetime

special member

Hi Liffy99,

Welcome to the forum.

Seems like you have tried various checks. My only thought is either the optical port to the Humax or maybe a fault/conflict at the amp end? Can you try connecting optical via your TV directly if you are able to?Does it work ok via the av audio/composite socket on the Humax? Have you tried doing a full factory reset on humax or last resort download previous software & see if this does anything, then reload current software again. Humax have a support page. Always worth a try. John L

| Fri 2 Dec 2022 10:50:18 #2 |
  3. User has not uploaded an avatar

liffy99

No point in connecting optical direct to tv as tv has no audio ( think of it as a monitor).
    Other optical sources play fine into the amps optical inputs.
    Picture quality is unaffected, signal quality is good.
    Humax to another tv via hdmi is fine.
    Factory reset tried but no change.
    Humax software is up to date and has not changed for some time.

| Thu 8 Dec 2022 15:48:53 #3 |

RSS feed for this topic

You must log in to post.