My Humax Forum » Freeview HD » FVP 4000T, 5000T

Sub Titles

(22 posts)
  1. RogerB

RogerB

special member

Anyone else got these appearing in an unplanned way - again? I have been sorted for weeks, nay months, and now they have started up again every time I switch on. Easy to switch off (but the double press of the "SUB" button does not seem to work) I know, but it does seem a step backwards. R-

| Mon 15 Aug 2016 19:04:03 #1 |
  2. User has not uploaded an avatar

Brian9200T

RogerB - 16 hours ago  » 
    Anyone else got these appearing in an unplanned way - again? I have been sorted for weeks, nay months, and now they have started up again every time I switch on. Easy to switch off (but the double press of the "SUB" button does not seem to work) I know, but it does seem a step backwards. R-

Suggest you check that your system setting is still set to default to subtitles being off.

| Tue 16 Aug 2016 11:21:47 #2 |
  3. RogerB

RogerB

special member

Thanks Brian - yes, I have done that. Just wondered why the system put the setting back to "ON", and had it happened elsewhere? R-

| Tue 16 Aug 2016 13:50:31 #3 |
  4. User has not uploaded an avatar

BlackGhost

special member

I'm getting Subs showing up randomly too and it takes a few tries to turn them off with the remote button. Subs are off in my settings.

| Tue 16 Aug 2016 18:29:53 #4 |
  5. RogerB

RogerB

special member

Are you trying to turn them off using the "SUB" button lower left on the remote BG? I cannot do it that way, I had to go to settings and turn them off. R-

| Wed 17 Aug 2016 9:13:25 #5 |
  6. anthonygriff

anthonygriff

This is also happening on our unit. To get rid of them I press the SUB button once and it shows subtitles off, I press it again and it shows subtitles English, press it again and it shows subtitles off and they then turn off.

I think this started about a week ago as I don't use it but I usually get the complaints from my wife. I'm wondering if changing things around for the olympics has caused this to happen.

| Wed 17 Aug 2016 21:48:12 #6 |
  7. User has not uploaded an avatar

b0bb1ns

I can reliably reproduce this problem with the subtitles.

I have the humax and various other devices connected over HDMI to a multi-zone DENON AVR X4000 amplifier. If I have the humax running in Zone 1 (i.e. showing on the main tv) and then turn on a different device that's connected to the amp, such as the PS4, and route its output to zone 2 (i.e. a second screen somewhere else) then the usual HDMI handshaking interruptions go on resulting in the Humax screen flashing off for a second or so, but when it comes back on it's showing subtitles.

I never use the Humax remote so I have to clear the problem by bringing up the options menu, which says that subtitles are off, turning them on, exiting the menu, bring up the menu again and turn them off.

I've had the problem since a few updates ago (sorry, can't remember specifically which one).

| Wed 24 Aug 2016 14:25:34 #7 |
  8. RogerB

RogerB

special member

RogerB - 1 week ago  » 
    Are you trying to turn them off using the "SUB" button lower left on the remote BG? I cannot do it that way, I had to go to settings and turn them off. R-

I have again started to get inconsistent occurrences of subtitles switching on. However, since my posting of a week ago (above) the SUB button now cancels them on 3 presses (ON>English>OFF), so that's good. R-

| Wed 31 Aug 2016 8:45:07 #8 |
  9. RogerB

RogerB

special member

As evidence of my not going crackers

| Wed 31 Aug 2016 12:38:03 #9 |
  10. RogerB

RogerB

special member

As evidence of my not going crackers, the more eagle-eyed may be able to see that subtitles are on the screen but indicated as being off in settings. R-

Attachments

1. IMG_2147.jpg (1111.8 KB, 1 downloads) 7 years old
    | Wed 31 Aug 2016 12:39:19 #10 |

RSS feed for this topic

Reply »

You must log in to post.