My Humax Forum » Freesat HD » HDR 1000, 1010, 1100S

subtitles in freetime

(5 posts)
  1. User has not uploaded an avatar

barrykap

Hi

I am deaf and rely 100% on subtitles.

Satisfactory provision of subtitles is always something that is neglected when anything new arrives, like Sky's On-demand 'service'. No subtitles are supplied on anything that is 'on demand' and I am wondering if it is the case with Freetime? ie when you view the older programmes over the last 7 days, are subtitles also supported?

I would appreciate confirmation on this. Maybe someone could try it for me before I commit to buying one?

Cheers.

Barry

| Wed 21 Nov 2012 14:46:19 #1 |
  2. User has not uploaded an avatar

rodlaw

Subtitles are available on the BBC i-player but not so it appears on the itv Player.

| Thu 22 Nov 2012 12:44:07 #2 |
  3. User has not uploaded an avatar

barrykap

Thanks.

I am aware of iplayer and ITV player problems with subs. iplayer will only show subtitles via it's internet webpage and not via the various individual TV/satbox apps. But I thought Freetime was a different thing altogether (ie does not use iplayer or ITVplayer for last 7 days catchups). Hence wondering if they also supplied subtitles on this.

| Thu 22 Nov 2012 14:57:27 #3 |
  4. User has not uploaded an avatar

rodlaw

Confirmed this for you. The freetime iplayer is fine with subtitles. These are embedded in the player. Unfortunately the itv version is very basic and has no subs. You know I really thought when all this youview and freetime stuff was in development they were going to come up with one player for all and just nab the shows from the relevant individual players without having to go through different user interfaces. Just my penny worth.

| Thu 22 Nov 2012 21:17:04 #4 |
  5. User has not uploaded an avatar

barrykap

Hi Rodlaw.

Your sentiments exactly the same as mine. Which is why I was hoping that Humax had at last got the right idea with this box. Sdaly not true. But at least with you confirming iplayer will display subs (that's a first for a satbox anyway) I will take the plunge as I rarely watch ITV stuff.

Thanks for your help.

Cheers.

barry.

| Thu 22 Nov 2012 21:41:50 #5 |

RSS feed for this topic

You must log in to post.