My Humax Forum » Freeview HD » Aura UHD

Subtitles Not Displayed When Viewing External Medi

(3 posts)
  1. User has not uploaded an avatar

macaronipie

Using VLC to play Movies/ TV on the Aura am not able to watch with subtitles.
    The subtitles are .srt files which are not burned in. VLC preferences are set to automatically show subtitles,
    yet no subtitles. Pressing the S/AD button on the Aura Remote only shows the Audio/ Video Options panel,
    pressing the S/AD button again does not remove this panel from the screen as happens when watching live TV.
    The only way to get rid of the panel is to stop playback and start again. Annoying.
    I have Kodi installed and again it does not display subtitles, although the app is set to do so.
    While using Kodi pressing the S/AD button on the remote only shows the Audio/ Video Options panel,
    and playback pauses, pressing the Audio/ Video Options button does remove the panel however
    and playback will continue.

Any ides how I may get subtitles to display during media playback.

Using the same media device and viewing the same items directly through my TV allows me to
    have subtitles displayed.

| Mon 10 May 2021 13:42:24 #1 |
  2. Mars

Mars

special member

Press OK while playing media with VLC then press the button on the far left which shows Audio and Subtitle options. Works for me.

| Mon 10 May 2021 14:33:04 #2 |
  3. User has not uploaded an avatar

macaronipie

Mars - 1 hour ago  » 
    Press OK while playing media with VLC then press the button on the far left which shows Audio and Subtitle options. Works for me.

Hello Thanks for getting back to me, and yes pressing OK and clicking on the Subtitle icon on the left will allow the subtitles to be displayed. Everything is hunky dory in SD and HD but when it comes to 4K the playback becomes jerky when the subtitles are selecrted, playback is fine when not displaying subtitles.
    The Kodi has the same issue with displaying subtitles and jerky playback in 4K.

Always one step forward and then one step back with the Aura.

| Mon 10 May 2021 16:07:43 #3 |

RSS feed for this topic

You must log in to post.