My Humax Forum » Freeview HD » FVP 4000T, 5000T

Sudden freeze problem with record HD/SD option

(8 posts)
  1. User has not uploaded an avatar

SoniaR

Sudden problem with recording when system asks do you want to record in HD/SD. The option box just freezes and will not let you choose either, and won’t let you choose X to get rid of it. Even if you change channel the box is still there. The only way to get rid of it is to unplug the box then plug back it, but as soon as you try to record something with HD or SD option it freezes again. This has only happened since the recent changes have happened. Don’t you just love updates? Grrr. Any suggestions before I box it up and return it? Many thanks.

| Fri 30 Mar 2018 12:58:17 #1 |
  2. Barry

Barry

senior admin

Welcome to our Forum

Which model FVP 4000T or 5000T?

Not witnessed similar, but will try to replicate on both models.

| Fri 30 Mar 2018 13:27:26 #2 |
  3. User has not uploaded an avatar

SoniaR

Hi Barry, the model is FVP 4000T. This is our third recording device in two years. The first two were Manhattan brands and the Humax is our third. The first two stopped working poperly so returned them within guarantee period to John Lewis. Thanks for your help.

| Fri 30 Mar 2018 13:32:58 #3 |
  4. Barry

Barry

senior admin

Thanks...

Just tried a few on the main channels, selecting HD and SD option, timers set without issue.

Can you post an example programme you are having trouble with so I can test further.

Anyone else having this problem?

| Fri 30 Mar 2018 13:45:21 #4 |
  5. User has not uploaded an avatar

SSThing

special member

I have just tried with numerous SD channels and everything worked as expected.

| Fri 30 Mar 2018 14:01:29 #5 |
  6. Barry

Barry

senior admin

SSThing - 52 minutes ago  » 
    I have just tried with numerous SD channels and everything worked as expected.

Thank you for testing.

| Fri 30 Mar 2018 14:54:01 #6 |
  7. User has not uploaded an avatar

SoniaR

Thank you both. I’ve just tried recording on BBC1, Channel 4 and ITV2 and seems okay at the moment and it’s letting me choose HD or SD. Either it has corrected itself or it’s an intermittent fault. I will carry on using it over the next few days and get back to you, if you don’t mind? Barry do you ever have problems with audio when switching system on? Most of the time audio is on, but intermittently there is no audio, despite raising the volume. It can only be corrected by switching tv off and then on again. These recordings boxes keep you on your toes!

| Fri 30 Mar 2018 15:12:00 #7 |
  8. Barry

Barry

senior admin

Never had audio issues, have units connected to Sony and LG TV's.

| Fri 30 Mar 2018 15:48:16 #8 |

RSS feed for this topic

You must log in to post.