My Humax Forum » Freeview HD » FVP 4000T, 5000T

Sudden Re-boot

(6 posts)
  1. RogerB

RogerB

special member

Just settling down to the last few moments of Bargain Hunt and preparing for the news, and the Humax box suddenly rebooted itself. Anyone else had this? R-

| Fri 8 Jul 2016 12:24:40 #1 |
  2. User has not uploaded an avatar

Harryhornby

special member

Yes it's happened to our one about 5 times now. Only seems to have happend since I've been on the beta tests. Saying that our one is so full of bugs it's being swapped by Humax tomorrow (losing us loads of recorded films and shows that we wanted to keep, I don't have a HDD big enough to copy them on to grrrrrrr). Oh well lets hope the new one is ok.

| Wed 13 Jul 2016 16:23:49 #2 |
  3. User has not uploaded an avatar

MC123

I am having the same issue; the box spontaneously reboots when we are in the middle of watching a programme. The worst part is that I lose all of the recording scheduling, so as a result have lost several episodes of various series, not good !

| Wed 13 Jul 2016 17:26:24 #3 |
  4. User has not uploaded an avatar

JohnH77

special member

Harryhornby - 19 hours ago  » (losing us loads of recorded films and shows that we wanted to keep, I don't have a HDD big enough to copy them on to grrrrrrr).

You cannot copy HD recordings to a new disk - you can only copy SD recordings.

HD recordings are Digital Rights Protected so that they will only play on the motherboard which recorded them. New Humax = HD recordings lost.

| Thu 14 Jul 2016 11:37:30 #4 |
  5. User has not uploaded an avatar

T100

Mine has just started to do this sudden reboot noticed that it claimed to have no internet connection although the router indicated it had lan connection by the way selecting the retry option more than once had no affect but selecting the on demand button on the remote connected it straight away and was able to select demand 5 no problem

| Wed 27 Jul 2016 9:30:25 #5 |
  6. User has not uploaded an avatar

Stocky

Dear ALL
    being a first time user I was both impressed (and somewhat overwhelmed) by the responses I had received.
    I have to apologise for the 'gap' in responding to you all but an emergency domestic issue kept me away from home until today.
    I have tried all of the suggestions and am especially indebted to JohnH 77. Your assistance has been invaluable and I now know how to interrogate my BT Homehub 5. This has shown that I have an intermittent connection on my ethernet powerline system whenever the Humax 4000T is connected. I have tried the repeated 'Retry' option as well as the 'on demand' option but all to no avail. Then a short while ago, the unit has recognised the Wireless network and is functioning although I have been to scared to try the software update as yet.
    I have ordered new ethernet power line units in the hope that these may be the issue but at least we have a functioning 4000t
    Thank you all for helping me Until this week I had never used a 'Forum' and am seriously impressed with your generosity of time and advice.
    Rgds

| Wed 27 Jul 2016 15:28:33 #6 |

RSS feed for this topic

You must log in to post.