My Humax Forum » Freesat HD » HDR 1000, 1010, 1100S

Suddenly only one tuner is working

(4 posts)
  1. User has not uploaded an avatar

EddieWoo

HDR-1100S has been working fine for a number of years. Can't remember how old it is. Anyhow, noticed recently it will not record 2 channels now at the same time or let us watch one whilst the other is recording. Checked signal in settings and it shows no signal on Tuner 2 but that 2 cables are connected and tuner 1 has good signal. Swapped cables from satelite dish around but had no affect so swapped them at the dish and still no affect. Did a 'renew factory settings' and still no affect.

So, just had one cable connected and did a 'renew factory settings' and it showed 1 cable is connected and good signal. Swapped with other cable and 'renewed factory settings' and again showed 1 cable connected and good signal.

So its working fine on one cable to tuner 1. As both cables work I am assuming both are okay and it is not a cable fault.

Has anybody experienced this problem? I am assuming the Humax box has a fault? Any advice really appreciated.

| Wed 8 Mar 2023 19:11:07 #1 |
  2. User has not uploaded an avatar

jdlfreetime

special member

Hi EddieWoo,

Welcome to the forum. You seem like you have tried a few tests with no success. You could try unpluggng the aerial cables, retuning to obtain zero channels, maybe leave unit unplugged for 15/30min and then replug unit plus aerial and retune again? This trick clears channel memory. My guess is that if this doesn't work, could be a fault with the dish lnb? If you are able to change this yourself it would be cheaper than a engineer call out. Hopefully given you a few tips. Hope you solve it,please let forum know how you get on/if you need more advice. John L

| Wed 8 Mar 2023 19:55:18 #2 |
  3. User has not uploaded an avatar

EddieWoo

Many thanks John L.
    I will try what you recommend and let the forum know.
    Just one question though, if retune without cables and then again with cables does not work can it still be the LNB if both cables work okay independently?

| Thu 9 Mar 2023 13:20:28 #3 |
  4. User has not uploaded an avatar

jdlfreetime

special member

EddieWoo - 19 mins ago  » 
    Many thanks John L.
    I will try what you recommend and let the forum know.
    Just one question though, if retune without cables and then again with cables does not work can it still be the LNB if both cables work okay independently?

Hi EddieWoo,

unplugging cables won't solve lnb fault, but it generally can sometimes help with clearing channel memory on the pvr. Sometimes the previous channel tuning still remain. What you are simply doing is giving the box a refresh on the channels. So on the other hand, if the lnb has a fault, it will be a case of replacing the lnb. Hopefully doing a retune may only be what you need. Anything is worth a try. Good luck. John L

| Thu 9 Mar 2023 13:44:29 #4 |

RSS feed for this topic

You must log in to post.