My Humax Forum » Freesat HD » HDR 1000, 1010, 1100S

Switch between radio & TV channels

(23 posts)
  1. User has not uploaded an avatar

Pollensa1946

special member

A little research into public documents published by Companies House shows that Freesat are essentially operating as a "Zombie" company. Four board members, none of whom appear to have any technology background. The Technology Director resigned in 2013 and was not replaced. Accounts show an operating loss in 2015/2016 of 4.3 Million Pounds and liabilities versus assets a deficit of 46 Million Pounds. With respect to future developments... errr, there are none. They mention the competitive market place and a single entity revenue stream but are addressing these with innovative marketing (which I guess I must have missed).

| Tue 18 Apr 2017 15:16:53 #21 |
  2. User has not uploaded an avatar

BLL

That's amazing! They surely can't survive for long in that state? In fact, how are they still surviving?
    No wonder the software is so poor and bug ridden! Peanuts and monkeys comes to mind!
    Is this likely to mean us all having to switch to non STB mode, as ther won't be any Freesat?

| Tue 18 Apr 2017 20:33:43 #22 |
  3. User has not uploaded an avatar

Pollensa1946

special member

BLL - 42 minutes ago  » ...Is this likely to mean us all having to switch to non STB mode, as ther won't be any Freesat?

No, more likely the business will continue as a public service, just don't expect any dramatic improvement in the current h/w or s/w offering.

| Tue 18 Apr 2017 21:17:33 #23 |

RSS feed for this topic

You must log in to post.