My Humax Forum » Freeview HD » HDR 1800T, 2000T

T2 or 2000t

(13 posts)
  1. User has not uploaded an avatar

disolar

Can anyone tell me if the Hdr-2000T 500GB is similar to the Hdr fox-t2 ? I loved the FOX until it eventually packed up.

| Sun 28 May 2017 11:24:00 #1 |
  2. User has not uploaded an avatar

Martin Liddle

special member

disolar - 19 minutes ago  » 
    Can anyone tell me if the Hdr-2000T 500GB is similar to the Hdr fox-t2 ? I loved the FOX until it eventually packed up.

The user interface and functionality are similar but be aware that Humax have managed to introduce some bugs that didn't exist in the similar HDR-FOX T2 software; we can live with them but other members of the Forum are more critical. In what way has your HDR-FOX T2 failed? I would be tempted to suggest looking for a second hand HDR-FOX T2.

| Sun 28 May 2017 11:47:03 #2 |
  3. User has not uploaded an avatar

Minstrel SE

special member

Take your time disolar. I would also say a new purchase isnt straightforward when considering Humax

I would look at some other brands and see whats on offer. I can not recommend the 2000T as it has too many issues to be fit for purpose.

If you like the fox t2 you could consider a used or refurbished one. I used to be brand loyal to Humax but am now keen to see what other manufacturers have to offer

| Sun 28 May 2017 18:01:12 #3 |
  4. black knight

black knight

special member

Don't get a 2000T.

It's buggy as hell, but Humax don't care and seem to have abandoned it.

| Mon 29 May 2017 19:03:05 #4 |
  5. Barry

Barry

senior admin

black knight - 4 hours ago  » 
    Don't get a 2000T.
    It's buggy as hell, but Humax don't care and seem to have abandoned it.

The most frequently reported problem is accessing recordings, I think, although I have only witnessed this once and try as I might cannot replicate - I should state both my 1800 and 2000 are not used 'in anger' and are connected purely as test beds with timers set for the evening soaps which I never watch. They get brought out of standby every few weeks to delete said timers.

Never had any HDMI issues, they have both been connected to Panasonic and more recently Sony TV's

| Mon 29 May 2017 23:17:21 #5 |
  6. black knight

black knight

special member

You probably haven't had HDMI issues because you're just bringing them out of standby and then back again.
    When in regular use, I've found on a certain tv set mine has no audio whenever you switch the tv off and then back on again later.

Another set loses the audio sporadically, and the box must be switched off and on again to bring audio back. If you're recording something at the time you're out of luck until the recording stops and you can do a hard reboot.

There's enough reports of HDMI audio issues to know that this isn't just an unlucky one off, and that a real (and currently unresolved) problem exists.

| Tue 30 May 2017 10:12:25 #6 |
  7. User has not uploaded an avatar

disolar

Thanks to everyone who answered my query. It's a shame that Humax appear to have gone backwards.

| Tue 30 May 2017 10:47:38 #7 |
  8. black knight

black knight

special member

disolar - 41 minutes ago  » 
    Thanks to everyone who answered my query. It's a shame that Humax appear to have gone backwards.

Backwards regards firmware updates for sure.

I'm certain the 2000T could still be a decent box, but it needs the will of Humax to fix the problems. Sadly it appears that nearly two years since the one and only update, that will simply isn't there.

| Tue 30 May 2017 11:36:03 #8 |
  9. Barry

Barry

senior admin

You may have only received one update since owning unit but there have been more.

| Tue 30 May 2017 13:04:58 #9 |
  10. User has not uploaded an avatar

Faust

special member

I own a 2000T and definitely could not recommend one if it's your only recording device. It does work (after a fashion) but the apps in the main don't work reliably and it's definitely not one of Humax's finest products.

I think the remit when designing the 2000T was - let's see how cheap we can make this thing and still get away with it.

| Thu 1 Jun 2017 10:06:39 #10 |

RSS feed for this topic

Reply »

You must log in to post.