My Humax Forum » Freesat HD » HDR 1000, 1010, 1100S

Temporary loss of signal

(7 posts)
  1. User has not uploaded an avatar

Tsmee

I have recently been experiencing a temporary loss of various channels on the 2nd Port of the Humax. The signal strength in Settings showed no signal being received on Port 2. E.G. if I am watching BBC West Midlands and lose the signal, I can change to another channel, e.g. BBC1 Northern Ireland and check the strength in settings, it shows that Port 2 is receiving a strong signal, but if I switch back to BBC West Midlands, there is still no signal.

I'm assuming that the satellite, LNB and cables are working as they should.
    this also affects Channels 4 and 5 and others which, I presume, are always picked up by Port 2.

Hoping someone can help.

| Mon 18 Dec 2023 18:15:38 #1 |
  2. User has not uploaded an avatar

jdlfreetime

special member

Hi Tsmee,

Welcome to the forum. Might be worth checking cable connections for BOTH feeds to your Humax pvr. Disconnect them, make sure the cables are very, tightly seated in the Satelitte plug connectors. They can come loose without even realizing. They need to be twisted tightly, not just pushed to fit. Have a go at this & let the forum know how you get on/if you ned more help. The only other thought, is the LNB or a loose coonection at the dish outside, hopefully it's an easy fix! THe signal menu is very useful for detecting problems. John L

| Mon 18 Dec 2023 18:38:50 #2 |
  3. User has not uploaded an avatar

Tsmee

Hello John,

Thanks for your input and, weather permitting, I will check the LNB in the morning and give an update a.s.a.p.

| Tue 19 Dec 2023 9:50:45 #3 |
  4. User has not uploaded an avatar

Tsmee

Hello John,

Thanks for your input and, weather permitting, I will check the LNB in the morning and give an update a.s.a.p.

| Tue 19 Dec 2023 9:51:15 #4 |
  5. User has not uploaded an avatar

jdlfreetime

special member

No problem Tsmee,

Hope you get it resolved before Christmas. If anyone can help you, we will try and suggest anything. Hopefully a simple solution if it is just a loose connection.

John L

| Tue 19 Dec 2023 11:16:17 #5 |
  6. User has not uploaded an avatar

Tsmee

Apologies for not getting in touch sooner. I unscrewed the cables from the LNB, cleaned them and reinstalled them, tightening them up to their maximum. There was a definite improvement so I then wrapped self-amalgamating tape around the fitted cables as extra protection against the elements. We're now 2/3 weeks on and we're still receiving a good reception. Many thanks for your help. Regards.

| Mon 8 Jan 2024 16:44:57 #6 |
  7. User has not uploaded an avatar

jdlfreetime

special member

Hi Tsmee,

Only glad to help you. I recently was puzzled with one of my Freesat pvrs not getting a signal on one channel. I tested the signal & could see what was going on via signal strength via menu. Then I remembered I had moved a freeview pvr & when I looked, discovered one satellite cable had come loose from the metal plug in rear! Doesn't matter how tight you do them, they can soon eventually detach again! I have got loads of cables behind in a very tight space, which doesn't make it always easy access to check. John L

| Mon 8 Jan 2024 21:54:17 #7 |

RSS feed for this topic

You must log in to post.