My Humax Forum » Freeview HD » HDR FOX T2

The channel is scrambled or not available

(13 posts)
  1. User has not uploaded an avatar

stevieboy

Evening,

I just got this message whilst watching a recording. I thought perhaps the signal had dropped during the recording itself so tried another recording (one I knew was OK) and got the same message. Tried about 6 recordings - same message.
    I tried putting the box into standby but that didn't fix it. I had to power the box off and back on.
    I did search the web but didn't find a reason for the issue. Has anyone else seen this?
    I'm on the Winter Hill transmitter (shouldn't matter as the message was seen when watching a recording).
    Software version 1.02.28

Is this a sign the HDD is on it's way out? The box is just under a year old.

Thanks everyone,
    Steve

| Sun 30 Sep 2012 21:50:50 #1 |
  2. User has not uploaded an avatar

Martin Liddle

special member

stevieboy - 1 hour ago  » 
    I just got this message whilst watching a recording.

We see this problem about once every 6 months. No idea what causes it but I don't think it has any implications for the health of the box.

| Sun 30 Sep 2012 22:53:59 #2 |
  3. User has not uploaded an avatar

damian

special member

This is where the custom firmware is your friend. This happened to me ages ago and the status via the custom firmware showed the box was playing back two different recordings at the same time!
    Somehow the first playback sticks in the background and anything else you try to select and watch has a blank screen and the error message.
    Switching on and off clears the problem, just wait until any scheduled recording has finished if necessary.
    I assumed it was down to me pushing buttons too quickly. Nothing wrong with the box, it's just a glitch, pretty worrying though the first time it happens.

| Mon 1 Oct 2012 2:36:13 #3 |
  4. User has not uploaded an avatar

Martin Liddle

special member

damian - 7 hours ago  » 
    Switching on and off clears the problem, just wait until any scheduled recording has finished if necessary.

My experience is different; recordings appear to be continuing but fail at the point where the on screen error message is displayed.

| Mon 1 Oct 2012 9:52:58 #4 |
  5. User has not uploaded an avatar

stevieboy

Thanks. Yes I saw the same as Martin. When i realised that i needed to power off i waited 5 mins until Downton Abby went to an add break to do it. However, when i watched the first part of the recording it stopped a good 5 mins before the ad break.

| Mon 1 Oct 2012 14:30:48 #5 |
  6. User has not uploaded an avatar

sarah28

hi, i've been having this problem too with a couple of channels only - namely Really (ch17) and E4+1 (ch29) - its only been the last week or so, when i go to those channels i get the scrambled or not available message. Do I need to do another retune or will turning the box off and on again suffice? Its very annoying as have missed a few recorded programmes due to this.

| Wed 3 Oct 2012 10:59:03 #6 |
  7. User has not uploaded an avatar

Martin Liddle

special member

sarah28 - 11 minutes ago  » 
    Do I need to do another retune or will turning the box off and on again suffice?

It sounds to me as though you need to do a manual retune see Manual tuning FAQ

| Wed 3 Oct 2012 11:12:46 #7 |
  8. User has not uploaded an avatar

Karenxxx

This just happened to mine. I have tried turning it on and off again but all my recordings are saying channel scrambled....

| Fri 21 Feb 2014 2:19:56 #8 |
  9. User has not uploaded an avatar

Martin Liddle

special member

Karenxxx - 7 hours ago  » 
    This just happened to mine. I have tried turning it on and off again but all my recordings are saying channel scrambled....

I suggest putting the box into standby, waiting until the hard drive stops spinning (which takes quite a while) and then turning off the power supply to the box, wait two minutes and then turn it on again.

| Fri 21 Feb 2014 10:17:22 #9 |
  10. User has not uploaded an avatar

Karenxxx

Thanks Martin. Seems to be working now

| Fri 21 Feb 2014 12:26:00 #10 |

RSS feed for this topic

Reply »

You must log in to post.